Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long till we win the league again?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Everyone yesterday was going on about the new strong "core" to the team yesterday that is the mark of the best teams i was just wondering how long do you think it'll be till we win the league again.

its a question my girlfriend posed to me and I said If we keep Redknapp or any good astute manager for around 5 years they could take in all the players they needed and get them the experience they needed to win the league.

I don't mean to come across as yesterday being the new dawn or anything i just genuinely curious to know what ya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭hotspur147

i honestly cannot see it happening for a long,long time maybe not even in my lifetime.we may build up strong teams in the future but the lure of the utds,chelsea's and liverpools will be just too strong and they will cherry pick our best players a la carrick,keane and berbatov.they also have the money,the stadiums and the players to keep them at the top for a while yet.although circumstances will change.ie.
    ferguson will not be around for ever and united will struggle to replace him.same for wenger.
    gerrard and torres can't keep rescuing liverpool every second game.
    abramovich won't stay at chelsea.in the current financial climate he simply can't afford to keep pumping in money for new players.
    who knows?in the future we may have that one season where everything goes right.we uncover some world class youngsters from the youth set up,have an injury free squad for most of the season and have a manager who is man enough to say no to any player who wants to leave for so called better clubs.
    the new stadium when completed will help the cause but until then we will just have to make do with results like yesterday and the odd glimpse of what tottenham could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

probabally never.
    maybe if we get an oil barron on board, but then it just wouldn't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

wishfull thinking........

can see us preesin the big 4 maybe the season after next then if we get champions league regular ffor a few seasons who knows.

no time soon i reckon. but ive never wanted to be more wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

if modric, lennon,palacios and corluka continue to impress chances are theyll be off. we have to get out tranfer policy in order before we can even tink about breaking the top 4. united,chelsea,arsenal and liverpool all have massive squads and players that can come in and do a job. were too light weight IMO. aston villa and everton have fallen foul to dis aswell. This summer we need to get a quality left mid/back and a striker that has a bit off clas.......a new berba. keane and defoe will get u goals. hopefully pav will come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Sweet Jesus, we've only just got ourselves out of trouble at the wrong end of the table, how about we learn to walk before we run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Wendell Gee

Todays financial results show the club is in rude health. They need to tie up our best players on long term contracts and once the new stadium is built we'll have a base to take on what are four of the biggest organisations in world football. Winning the league is not on the agenda at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

A long time, Arsenal are gradually getting worse by the season, Chelsea are struggling this year but you never know with them, Liverpool seem to be on their way up but its hard to tell, United spent years rebuilding and bringing in youth and look at them and they will probably do that again. I'd say at least 7 -10 years.

Advertisement