Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Mower Query - Petrol, Electric, Mulch, Collect?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've done a forum search and didn't come up with anything relevant, so thought I'd ask myself.

We're just about to put down a new lawn (roll out grass) in our garden. We've a bit of work to do before we get the grass, but hopefully in a few weeks the grass will be down and will be taking hold.

So I'll need a new lawn mower.

My preference would be a mulcher since it will mean I won't have to dispose of the clippings. But, does a mulcher mower leave clippings that would stick to your shoe and you'd end up bringing the grass in to your house. Well, it's not me I'm wondering about, it's my 2 year old who hasn't the sense to clean his shoes. If he goes out and plays in the grass is he likely to be covered in grass because of the mulching?

Can you only mulch when the grass is dry?

Petrol or electric? I suppose something powerful enough to do a good cut.

My preference would be a robot lawnmower.....but they are way too dear!

Thanks,

A

Advertisement