Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on alternative clothing store?

• 16-03-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I was in Black Widow the other day. It's an alternative (goth, rock, emo, etc) clothing and accessories store in Waterford. It supplies what I need for my lifestyle/culture but I'm not sure on the pricing. Have you been? Do you think it's worth the prices? And are there any other alternative clothing stores in the area? I'm always having to do my shopping on the internet because I can't find anything for my style on the highstreet at prices I can afford.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Probably the most thinly veiled post I've seen on here in a long time.

Basically what you're saying is that you work in/own the store and want to do some market research on it? No need to spin a yarn over it, just tell us how it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigglesx

On my life, I do not work in or own the store. I have nothing to do with the place! I visited for the first time, spent a while looking around. I find it hard to find clothing I like to wear and I was just looking for opinions on this particular store, and asking if there were other stores in the area. I've not even lived here long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is that the place thats upstairs in georges court where the lingerie place used to be ? Never been in there but it looks uncomfortably small, do you just stand outside and look in from the door or form a queue and go in one person at a time ? :)

Used to be a place up beside where grubbs used to be (or still is ?) closed down a good while ago though. Cant remember the name, think it was called something like Rainbow ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

In that case I apologise :).

There used to be Beyond Therapy on Michael Street, they closed a while back though. I know a lot of my friends buy online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I can symphatise with the OP. Used to wear those sort of clothes too and it'd wreck your head to find anywhere decent. Don't think there's much room for the alternative market in Waterford I'm afraid. (Was basically ran out of town on more than one occasion for just having a mohawk back in my rebellious days. lol)
    Used to shop in the store c-13 mentioned but I also can't remember the name of the place. As far as I know Black Widow is the only such shop in the city since beyond therapy is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I've been in the store, found some stuff a little expensive but overall thought the range of items too small .. like not near enough variety.

I'm comparing it to what you'd get in almost any of the goth/metal/you know what I mean stores along Camden Markets in London.

Funny thing is that you could do a day trip over from Waterford, spend the day shopping in Camden for that kind of clothing and come home on the evening flight and still probably save a few euro if you were looking for a bunch of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

haha OP ...Shill shill shill!!

tbh no i dont think its worth the prices, piercing jewelry is also a bit limited and it never matches, ie loose balls for nape piercings ..

tbh.. 1st choice for me and people i know is pure, the skate part of it is upstairs.. either that or online

oh and fyi is there is a huge gap for somewhere decent in waterford to do emo/goth clothing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

AdMMM wrote: »
    In that case I apologise :).

There used to be Beyond Therapy on Michael Street, they closed a while back though. I know a lot of my friends buy online.

Beyond therapy is only closed for a few months it'll be opening april/may time again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

THere's not really anyting alternative in Waterford city at the moment and anytime there has been it's been of limited range and is overpriced. Again Orange being teh only exclusion...shop was amazing considering it was secondhand stuff.

The blackwidow place was good for stretching my ear really. I nice bit of variety in that case.

Your safest bet is probably online to be hoenst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 vampirevixens

i just seen this post so i got to have my say lets say stay well away from that shop they over price clothing not wroth the money ..they using alternative lifestyle to make money off us i know for fact they had shop in clonmel co tipperary and it only last a few years as it was very high in price ...you be better off going to camdam were you fill suitecase then what you buy off them ...i know people who have saide thay bought from them and clothing was so bad it fall apart ....so please save your money and shop elase were ..what makes me so made is every shop they sell alternative clothing here in ireland put very high price on it like we have to pay for our look thats what i find sad ....i just had to have mysay also try ebay and gothic shops on line you get it for better price ....:mad: dont keep people who are over pricing in a job not in this day and age its not wroth it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

i prefer the previous long term tennants :(

Advertisement