Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clubbing trips

• 16-03-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

With the summer fast approcahing, who's going where? Any Sonar/Berlin/Timewarp Ibiza heads here?

Who u looking forward to seeing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Going to Timewarp next month. Was at it last year and its well worth the trip over. We are going over on friday to get the warm up party and might try and hit the robert johnson too.

Was looking at going to Sonar but I'm really disappointed with the line up. I'm a big fan of barcelona so might go over anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Doubt ill be doing Ibiza again this year (done it last 3 years in a row) as couldn't afford it and my missus is due in June so that's another thing, in fact i wouldn't be surprised if Ibiza suffered badly this year because of the recession unless clubs drop their insane prices for entry and even worse the price of drinks,in fact i reckon it'll be a good thing if they suffer financially,maybe they'll think again about ripping punters off!

Manchester and Leeds are 2 places ill be going clubbing at some stage this year,cheap as chips and they wipe the floor with Dublin clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Well I'm heading over there 6th June for the summer....i just hope the competition for jobs isnt too intense! Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Possible trip to Ibiza. Defo want to get to Berlin at some stage too though.

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    Well I'm heading over there 6th June for the summer....i just hope the competition for jobs isnt too intense! Can't wait!

Nah you'll get a job no problem no shortage of PR/Bar work over there,the good thing is you'll get free or discounted entry into most clubs with the occasional free drink thrown in, the downside is you'll earn a pittance barely enough to get by but if your working for a bar or club you'll be thrashed every nite anyway for free and will probably not eat much lose loads of weight lol (avoid these minimal clubs with the K casualties);)

Let us know how you get on anyway man, if me and the missus do decide to get over this summer which is unlikely ill look you up:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Let us know how you get on anyway man, if me and the missus do decide to get over this summer which is unlikely ill look you up:)[/quote]

Yeah hopefully I'll be ok,.....did u do it for the 3 months? Ah now Jonny, minimal and techno would be my thing....agree with u about the k though, horrible ****e....wouldn't touch that ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Its all about Airbound for me this year, everything booked & can't wait to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭BoysNoize

Selling my Oasis tickets for Slane and venturing over to Sonar for the first time, then 2 weeks in my mates apartment in Berlin in July, back for a months work, over to sw4/get loaded weekend in London an then finish the summer with Electric Picnic. Gettin excited just typin this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im on for Glade festival, but I must go and mention it to my mates. I like the little secretive aspect it has this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Heading over to this TechnoClassics night in Frankfurt next month ..
    http://www.toxic-family.de/index.php?sec=5
    Believe it starts at 9 pm and through the night till 2pm next day and after parties being organised also, don't know how long we will last tbh :D
    But just goes to show again our outdated licensing laws compared to rest of Europe etc :rolleyes:
    http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=-3590976053119301806&ei=zCjaSaKFNYXK-AbU9q2yAg&q=tanzhaus+west+frankfurt

• Advertisement

Leeds/Manchester this weekend for me,the 2 best city's in the UK for clubbing outside London (except a lot cheaper than London and better atmosphere)

Advertisement