Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy thread

Options
  • 16-03-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

I have to buy thread but not sure where. Can any one tell me where to get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

There's the Thread Hut. That's on Third. There's Threadss 'R' Us. That's on Third, too. You got Thread Your Butt There. That's on Third. Thread Low, Thread Chariot. Matter of fact they're all in the same complex. It's the Thread Complex, down on Third.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    There's the Thread Hut. That's on Third. There's Threadss 'R' Us. That's on Third, too. You got Thread Your Butt There. That's on Third. Thread Low, Thread Chariot. Matter of fact they're all in the same complex. It's the Thread Complex, down on Third.

:confused:

Ryans homestore, hickeys or singers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Anybody else think this was going to be a "Where to buy" thread?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

if you only need a little, you can usually pick up one of those dinky sewing kits in tesco or dunnes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What did people do before the interweb if they had to buy thread? Did they aimlessly ask a stranger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You can buy black and white thread in most newsagents and spar like corner shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

though you forgot marianne's threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hickeys, Hickeys Home Focus (Wellpark), The Singer Shop (Malt lane), Ryans Homestore all have thread that is suitable for sewing machines, such as this:
    http://www.guetermann.com/Content/Guetermann/02__en/News/News__ContentList.html?country=

For just your bog-standard thread, dunnes/tescos will have little sewing kits.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

chilly wrote: »
    You can buy black and white thread in most newsagents and spar like corner shops.
    On the plus side the license needed is cheaper than for colour thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

snubbleste wrote: »
    What did people do before the interweb if they had to buy thread? Did they aimlessly ask a stranger?

They might have asked a FRIEND or even a family member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

i love you hank scorpio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Call Hickey's Fabrics on 091 565025 and ask for Annette Curtain - very helpful lady indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Thanks everybody!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Also Stitches on Eyre Street has a Gutermann rack but I dunno if they sell it.

I usually buy on eBay these days for the basic colours, have to brave frigging Hickey's though when I need it to match fabric.

Advertisement