Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's Day Parades

Options
  • 16-03-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all, any recommendation for Paddys day parades tomorrow?

Skerries
    Swords
    Balbriggan
    Rush

Lusk

Who does it best?
    Is this year going to be low key?
    Any cancellations to note?

Should I just head into town and avoid disapointment?

Anywere in fingal would suit as it looks like the weather will be good ;-)

Its been years since I attended any parade but having a kid has ended the paddys days session so now I have to resort to normal folk Paddys day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The only local parade I've ever been to is the one in Skerries, but I can highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Theres always a good atmosphere at the Balbriggan parade. Its a fairly standard local parade - nothing too exciting but the children really enjoy it and thats what its all about. There were great pictures from last year on Balbriggan.net to give you an idea

Balbriggan Parade

Exciting St. Patrick’s Day Parade promised for Balbriggan

Balbriggan Town Council have organised the traditional St. Patrick’s Day Parade again this year and an exciting parade is promised.

An Ecumenical Service will take place in 1.00 p.m. in St. Georges Church and all are welcome to attend.Anybody interested in joining the parade are asked to assemble in the northern end of the car park from 1.30 p.m. Mr Brendan Purtill will be the parade marshal for this years parade.

The parade will start at 1..45 p.m. from the car park at St. Peter & Paul’s Church.

The route of the parade will be as follows: Dublin Street, Bridge Street, Drogheda Street & Lambeecher. The marching groups will return by the same route to the review stand at Georges Square. Commercial vehicles will continue on to the Harry Reynolds Road and back to the church car park.

As in previous years, Scoil Rince Cualann Dancing School will give a display of traditional Irish dancing. There will be an exhibition of winning entries in the St. Patrick’s Day Art, Poetry and Essay Competition in the Town Hall from 1.30 p.m. – 4 p.m.

Further details available from Balbriggan Town Council at 01-8412178 or balbriggantowncouncil@fingalcoco.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

is there trouble in finglas? or people just having a drink by a fire?

laurendare: Its officially Paddy's Day...fires burn and cop-copters circle in West Finglas.
    about 2 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

is there trouble in finglas? or people just having a drink by a fire?

laurendare: Its officially Paddy's Day...fires burn and cop-copters circle in West Finglas.
    about 2 hours ago from web · Reply · View Tweet

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=finglas

You'd be better off asking in the Dublin City forum.

Advertisement