Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxi wood chip boiler

• 16-03-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Anyone using a Baxi wood chip boiler? Have been using one for over a year now to heat farm house and we are very happy with it. Trying to make a hopper for it to reduce manual loading - wood chip doesnt flow too easy. We will be using our own chip when hopper ready - soon. Also interested to hear of anyones experience with boiler.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

We have a 25kw baxi multiheat
    I have burned grain barley wood pellets would like to use wood chip but have to buy a agitator stirrer for it
    I am happy with it but it has to run 24 7 I tried using a timer plug but had problems with burn back
    grain takes a lot more cleaning than wood clinker more ash etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17 flugh

Ours is on 24 7 but only fires up to top up the buffer tank, about 3-4 times a day when heat is called for by house heating programmed clock. Had small problems with burn back related to wet wood chip and bridging of the wood chip even though we have the stirrer unit in hopper.

Advertisement