Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rise and Fall of WCW in the works

• 16-03-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

In Jim Ross’ recent blog entry he mentioned that he will be doing an interview for a new DVD titled “Rise and Fall of WCW”, suggesting that a new DVD documentary on WCW is in the works.

I read this earlier, I wouled imagine it would be more enjoyable than the rise and fall of ECW , but that is just my oppinion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thebeanz

I am looking forward to it, we already had the monday night wars dvd and that left me wanting more info on WCW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Monday Night Wars was rather one sided so I'd be a bit worried about the WWE talking about the rise and fall of wcw.

Black Lead wrote: »
    Monday Night Wars was rather one sided so I'd be a bit worried about the WWE talking about the rise and fall of wcw.

Good point,It won't sell without some good info.

I wonder how many WCW people are WWE still on speaking terms with? They won't get anyone involved in TNA to contribute, that rules out Sting, Booker T, Nash, Steiner, Russo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

thebeanz wrote: »
    I wonder how many WCW people are WWE still on speaking terms with? They won't get anyone involved in TNA to contribute, that rules out Sting, Booker T, Nash, Steiner, Russo etc.

True, without those five (and Jarrett to a lesser extent) it can't really be a comprehensive DVD. (Maybe JB will do another documentary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Good point,It won't sell without some good info.

Sting is a major omission, Ric Flair would have allot to say I think it was the 4 Horseman DVD where he gave out about WCW been run by people who didn't know anything about wrestling.

• Advertisement

The fall part will be easy for wwe to cover, they get the chance to bury everyone not on WWE tv.

I wonder how they would cover the rise part? they will have to give credit to people not involved in wwe.

Maybe they will just change the Title, The fall of WCW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Should be interesting.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I wonder how they would cover the rise part? they will have to give credit to people not involved in wwe.

They'll probably try to mostly talk about people who had been in WWF beforehand.

amacachi wrote: »
    They'll probably try to mostly talk about people who had been in WWF beforehand.

Yeah they can lay all the blame on Randy Savage, he's not known as mr popular around titan towers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

Im sure Eric Bishoff will have much to say on it. Bishoff will take credit for much of the rise part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Really interested in this as they made an utter balls of the Monday Night Wars DVD. That should have been a 2 disc set with a lot more documentary info. So hopefully this would make up for it.

Bischoff, if Controversy Creates Cash is anything to go by will say his hands were tied and will lay the blame at the feet of Russo, Ferrera, Bill Busche and the fact that they didn't get the TV time which meant WCW wasn't worth jack sh*t (that said, Bob Ryder also said the exact same thing on the History of TNA Year 1 DVD).

There's no way they can blame Savage, saying otherwise is just ignorant as silly as Savage wasn't even a player in the whole thing.

Also bear in mind that WWE guys that are gone to TNA can still be used if the footage was recorded prior to their leaving. Jim Cornette has been featured in a couple of WWE DVD's in interview segments, and he's been in TNA since when, 05? 06?

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    There's no way they can blame Savage, saying otherwise is just ignorant as silly as Savage wasn't even a player in the whole thing.

Also bear in mind that WWE guys that are gone to TNA can still be used if the footage was recorded prior to their leaving. Jim Cornette has been featured in a couple of WWE DVD's in interview segments, and he's been in TNA since when, 05? 06?

Savage was mentioned in jest - shame on me.

The old footage can be used but it would be good to hear directly what Sting thought about everything that went on. I do think the options for interviewees are limited, i can't see TNA wanting sting featured in a dvd about a failed company or vince giving a platform too a main player in tna.

Savage was mentioned in jest - shame on me.

No shame, but sadly sarcasm and jokes don't go well in writing. :)
    The old footage can be used but it would be good to hear directly what Sting thought about everything that went on. I do think the options for interviewees are limited, i can't see TNA wanting sting featured in a dvd about a failed company or vince giving a platform too a main player in tna.

No Sting, but they have a rake of footage on the subject from 2002 from a confidential piece they did with Nash, probably Hall but just unaired, DDP and Hogan to name a few, they're sure to have stuff from Booker and Flair too.

Sting is one name, a big one, but not big enough for an absense to make the DVD suck either. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    No shame, but sadly sarcasm and jokes don't go well in writing. :)

My scarcasm and jokes don't do well in voice either.

Remember wwe(f) tv before wcw, stars v jobbers and such. I wonder if wwe will highlight their own faults to show how wcw grew in popularity. I will always be grateful for the cruiserweight concept from wcw.

My scarcasm and jokes don't do well in voice either.

Remember wwe(f) tv before wcw, stars v jobbers and such. I wonder if wwe will highlight their own faults to show how wcw grew in popularity. I will always be grateful for the cruiserweight concept from wcw.

WWE admit they were on the brink of going under from 1993 to 1997? Some of the talent will touch on it but Vince will probably never fully admit it now that he's bought out his primary competition and the tape libraries of anyone that tried to compete with him over the years.

But between being sent down the river by the Federal Government, losing half his roster to the opposition and getting their ass handed to them on a weekly basis in the Neilson Ratings. A lot of people either don't know, or don't believe how close WWE were to being a footnote in history back then.

Advertisement