Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy's day! what's your plan?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

I don't see the problem with having a festival where people go into the city centre and party from early in the day till early the next morning. Loads of other citys have one. Dublin shouldn't be an exception. It's only one day in the whole year.

Granted anti-social behaviour is gonna happen, and it definitely should not be condoned, but that shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us.

With that in mind here's my bit;

Meet up with friends at 11am, start drinking. Head into town. Watch the parade for a bit (10 mins max). Piss about town for a while, running into old friends and having a good time in general. Head out to the ceili mor for 2.00- 2.30 ( a must imo). When the ceili ends head to the carnival for a short while, then piss about town for another few hours eating fast food ect, visiting an off licence when they finally open. Piss about town some more, find a pub. leave pub. Go to club.leave club. WALK HOME (takes 2 hours when drunk).

Wake up next morning feeling tired but not hungover because i stuck to vodka, didn't overdo it and remebered to re-hydrate.

what about you folks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Work from 2 until 12. 100euro richer rather than poorer thus!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

BrightEyes wrote: »
    Work from 2 until 12. 100euro richer rather than poorer thus!

You'll be missing out. I'd pay that not to miss paddys day!

The atmosphere in town is unlike any other day imagineable.

Imo, It's better than christmas and easter combined!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I will be nursing the hangover.I might use some hair of the dog considering the day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

working from 8 til 6 then will probably have a few

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully be hungover by tomorrow, myself and my mate just popped down to Dunnes and purchased a few crates and then hoping to head out tonight.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

watch some sub-humans act like ****ing retards in town..what is the story with this ceilí mór? where is it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I always go into town, it's a great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 $ligo rover$

go town and meet up with friends
    and then will see what happens:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

vinylmesh wrote: »
    You'll be missing out. I'd pay that not to miss paddys day!

The atmosphere in town is unlike any other day imagineable.

Imo, It's better than christmas and easter combined!

I'm working in town beside Stephen's Green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

vinylmesh wrote: »
    Head out to the ceili mor for 2.00- 2.30 ( a must imo).

This was my plan too but i cant find info on the ceili mór anywhere. not sure its on? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'd love to stay at home, but I'll probably bow to pester power and end up at the parade with the little one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I think the Ceili Mor was yesterday evening, if I heard the chap correctly this afternoon on Drivetime.

Champagne and oyster breakfast in a house on Mountjoy St. then on to watch the parade gather and organise itself at Parnell Sq. Lots of photos and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

humberklog wrote: »
    Champagne and oyster breakfast in a house on Mountjoy St

I like your style!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

Walking from Howth to Dun Laoghaire:

www.aware.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Guys what time is the parade starting at? I'd really like to show the missus that (she's foreign). Apart from the parade is there anything else happening on the day that I should make sure she sees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

My friend told me ceili mor is at 3. Hopefully he's not lying. Just popped in to let you guys know,

PADDY'S DAY ROCKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

almost finished my bottle of Tullamore 12 yr last night drinking with friends .. time to shower fine some food and go after the guinness special the local pubs havin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hungover and sprawled on the sofa watching hangover american tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

In Munich and working:mad:

Will head to Irish pub later and have a few scoops with the local German population.

Trust me nothing is funnier than watching Germans trying to be Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

It's finally taken it's toll on me, went out on Monday night and then drinking since 4pm yesterday until 3am.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

As I do most years I left the country for a couple of days.

Advertisement