Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portfolio

• 16-03-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hello :)

I'm trying to get my portfolio together before thurs (i know, very last min =/)

I have about 30 or so photographs that i've worked on over the weekend and just need to get them printed.

I've already tried Reids - 'they don't print on photographic paper' is what i was told on the phone.
    I went to Spectra Photo at the bottom of Graton st, and the staff there were less than helpful.
    So my last resort was a photo printing place near my house.
    All they could do for me was 12 X 10 with a matt finish.

So heres where I need the help..

Need to find somewhere I can these printed by wed ideally.
    As for size, I'm not plannning on going crazy with large pictures, the 12 x 10's i have are decent enough size.
    Just would prefer something with a gloss finish.

Any other advice for Portfolio prep would be greatly appriciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

assuming you're located in dublin, i've heard good things on here about gunn's on wexford street.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Noelleieos

Places like Sam McCauleys or boots usually develop photos. If the photos are for a portfolio I would suggest getting the prints in matt finish, it looks better and wont shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TiM_rEAPeR

Aungier print on O'Connell street are great for matt prints. Im always printing for graphic design and I swear by them, they charge by ink coverage also so it can work out cheaper. Take a left after the sony center on 'connell street after the luas stop. Ya cant miss it. Your can email your work on a pdf and have it collected within an hour or so. Specify what you want cropped and the size to print on (or document size). Also specify matt or gloss.

print@aungierprint.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

I was goin to have them with a gloss finish, have them mounted, and them cover them with assitate, but would you recommend matt finish then?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Noelleieos

It's completely up to yourself, but matt finish looks a lot better and more professional. Yea mounting it is a good idea. Interviewers love to see pics that are mounted. Shows you put in the effort too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Any Harvey Norman will print up to 18x12 on matt fuji crystal archive paper while you wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i can do them if your stuck

done a good bit for people here

I can also laminate them like your talking about too

and mount them etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Went into Gunn's, got exactly what i was looking for.
    Very helpful!

Photo's are off being mounted at the mo, thanks a mill for the help lads :)

Advertisement