Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 1 for Linux

Options
  • 16-03-2009 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to run quake on ubuntu? Has anyone tried?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I don't know about single player Quake 1, I know you can play it in Linux but I never have. All of the Quake games (except Quake Live) run perfectly in Linux. QuakeWorld is very easy to get up and running with, the modern QW clients are really good.

I think you just need nQuake - http://nquake.com/download_linux.html
    Any problems, check here: http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Smooth_Quake_in_Linux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Hello Illkillya, long time. Thanks for the link, it works great. I just had my first game of quake in about 10 years. :D

Hey Offy, there are also ClanArena servers up again... geeky.cc:27510 is one. I know you were fond of the oul CA. Get me on MSN, I'm not on IRC so much anymore but go into #qw.pt (my Portuguese clan, Quinas) and see if I'm around, some Irish players in #nafianna - should be able to round up a few heads for a game of CA anyway. I spoke to nDGuinnessman the other day and he's itching for some games too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Illkillya wrote: »
    Hey Offy, there are also ClanArena servers up again... geeky.cc:27510 is one. I know you were fond of the oul CA. Get me on MSN, I'm not on IRC so much anymore but go into #qw.pt (my Portuguese clan, Quinas) and see if I'm around, some Irish players in #nafianna - should be able to round up a few heads for a game of CA anyway. I spoke to nDGuinnessman the other day and he's itching for some games too.

Sounds good to me :)

Offy, where is TOWN???? Tell him to get on QuakeLive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement