Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about content of the MSC speech and lang therapy

Options
  • 16-03-2009 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

hi guys, i am going to apply for the postgrad in speech and language therapy next december and am on track at the moment researching everything i need to know about it.

i think i know everything now regarding the degree and getting work experience first. however, i had one query for those who might have some knowledge of this course.
    i never took a science subject at leaving cert level and this i worrying me slightly now. my degree at the moment is archaeology and linguistics, and so this is of little help regarding this issue.

can anyone tell me if this should be a great problem, or if I should try take a course in biology first perhaps?

any advice is much appreciated

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

Its not really an issue as they do start from the beginning, however I did do a course in Anatomy and Physiology before starting the course! it was just a FETAC course in DunLaoghaire college of further education! I just did it cuz i wasnt in college for a year and wanted to do something that wud help me get in and keep me learnig while i wasnt in college!
    Its just one night a week and gives a good oveview of the human body.
    Its not a necessary as I am sure that there are ppl on the course that havent done biology either!
    Having the background in linguistics will be a huge asset to you tho!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ni ni

Is it absolutely and utterly deadly to get into???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭maryjm

Its mainly about gettin experience before you start so I would recommend gettin as much experience as u can between now and then!

If you dont get in first time, i know lots of ppl who got in the second year they applied so dont give up!!! :)

There are a load of english courses too so definatly apply to them! Essex, reading, sheffield, newcastle, UCL, City Uni London, Queen Margret uni in edinburgh, emmm im sure there are more but they gone out of my head now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

thanks a million for all your help :)
    I really cannot wait to start applying for this course now!

Advertisement