Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much my 2 8800gt's worth

Options
  • 16-03-2009 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Thinking about upgrading - I have 2 8800GT's they are XFX factory overclocked editions

whats a good price - one that they will sell at, not the most I could expect to get, I want to shift them,

ta's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

MooseJam wrote: »
    Thinking about upgrading - I have 2 8800GT's they are XFX factory overclocked editions

whats a good price - one that they will sell at, not the most I could expect to get, I want to shift them,

ta's

Circa €50: It's a fair enough price considering what you can get these days for under €100 new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I reckon two OC 8800GT's should fetch about 65-70 apiece. It all depends on the demand, it's really patchy on adverts at the moment...I've seen stellar cards go unwanted for months and sell for low prices, and then the next day you can see rubbish cards sell for close to the same price.

What they're worth: about 65-70. What you might have to settle for: 55-60.

Though the latest gen of cards is crippling last gen prices, you can get a card as fast as an OC 8800GT for 90 brand new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cheers guys, I'll see can I get 100 for the two of them so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

MooseJam wrote: »
    cheers guys, I'll see can I get 100 for the two of them so

It would kill me to let them go for that.Still fantastic cards and two of them are still faster than one 4870/gtx 260 imo.Pair of 8800gtx's I have wiped the floor with the 4870 I had for a while and the single 8800gtx kept pulling when my 4850 was breathless when the action kicks off in GOW

Its going to be alot of hassle/money for little performance if you get a single card and loads of money wasted if you go dual card.

€100 is nothing and you really would need to go for 4870x2 or GTX 295, otherwise whats the point?

If I was you I would sit tight and wait until the summer at the earliest.

Advertisement