Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revise Wise vs Less Stress More Success

Options
  • 16-03-2009 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello
    Which books are better for
    English OL
    History OL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

revise english is fairly crap and less stress aint much better, its not really helpful, just filled with techniques and the likes... revise wise history id pretty good but it only has 4 topics, 2 of mine!:eek: and the less stress is a bit bigger but has more topics, but i think i prefer the revise wise history!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

The revision books for History are ok. I personally use Less Stress More Success for History and I find it to be good.

They give you the main points but you should also use your textbook to flesh out your answer or else you'll be stuck for giving long enough answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 henry1941

Thank you for your replies are there any better books for history?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Hmm, I'm currently using Modern Europe and the wider world (red/wine colour book) and Modern Ireland (blue/green book) and I find them to be great.

As revision books, I'm using Less Stress More Success for points and Shortcuts to Success to help with RSR (also includes some sample essays and essay plans.

All in all, I'm sorted. Not stressing out about History :)

Gloom wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm currently using Modern Europe and the wider world (red/wine colour book) and Modern Ireland (blue/green book) and I find them to be great.

As revision books, I'm using Less Stress More Success for points and Shortcuts to Success to help with RSR (also includes some sample essays and essay plans.

All in all, I'm sorted. Not stressing out about History :)

i saw that shortcuts to succes history, but only had a glance at it, is it helpful?? for the project, i am only doing my research topic now, well writing it up, ive the research done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Shortcuts to Success is reallly, really good on the research project front with about 40 pages dedicated to it. Bit weak compared to less stress and the likes when it comes to the topics but the sample essays are handy for learning off :)

theowen wrote: »
    Shortcuts to Success is reallly, really good on the research project front with about 40 pages dedicated to it. Bit weak compared to less stress and the likes when it comes to the topics but the sample essays are handy for learning off :)
    Just finished my history project right now.. well draft 1.. which topics does the shortcuts to succes deal with??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Just finished my history project right now.. well draft 1.. which topics does the shortcuts to succes deal with??

There's seven in total, the three topics from modern irish history ( pursuit of sovereignty.. etc) and the four of modern europe and the wider world ( dictatorship and democracy). In saying this I wouldn't buy it if i had the research project done, well unless you want to learn off essays because that's all it has really, 4 or 5 sample essays on each topic.

thanks for that!:rolleyes:

Advertisement