Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling an image from flickr

• 16-03-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I've just got an email from an American pest control company looking to buy an image of a fly from my flickr account. Apparently it's for an ID card for the pest control workers. The image is of a Phorid fly. These little guys are about 1mm to 2mm in lenght and are very difficult to shoot due to their very skittish nature. They never stop running about. A quick search on google will reveal nearly only images of dead Phorid flys and my highish quality live one.

Well my question... How much is it worth? :confused:

TIA
    Dave OS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

as much as you can get Dave! Start high and keep a minimum amount in mind. I'd ask for at least $300 keeping in mind it's for more than a once off use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Thanks Paul. I was thinking that. My oldfella reckons $1000. :confused:

Dave OS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Try and get as much as you can tbh because as stated it is going to be used more than once.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Have you checked out the company online? What you charge should take into account how big they are.... the bigger the better in this case!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just had a look at your flickr page. I was stunned by the quality of the insect photos - absolutely amazing shots. No idea how much any of them are worth in dollars thouhg :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

They won't need an extremely large file for an ID card!. I'd say $300-500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Try and get as much as you can tbh because as stated it is going to be used more than once.!

But I don't want to scare them away either.
    Have you checked out the company online? What you charge should take into account how big they are.... the bigger the better in this case!

I've looked them up and they have a professional online presence. They've close to 20 business locations spread across 10 states. So i'd say quite large.
    Just had a look at your flickr page. I was stunned by the quality of the insect photos - absolutely amazing shots. No idea how much any of them are worth in dollars thouhg :)

Thanks pickarooney. For normal folk, not much... I guess. For pest control company???
    Covey wrote: »
    They won't need an extremely large file for an ID card!. I'd say $300-500.
    I can give them a 1900x1300 image. That should be suitable I guess.

Advertisement