Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router not assiging an ip address - how to fix?

Options
  • 16-03-2009 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Using the sticky I've deciphered that my eircom router is not assigning an ip address to my laptop. it was working correctly for a number of months and then suddenly just stopped working, but i didn't install or uninstall any programmes or drivers. just wondering what my next step should be. how do I manually assign a new ip address to the router/computer? not entirely sure what the next step is. ive tried googling for a solution but im not entirely sure what i should be looking for. any suggestions? thanks in advance! even a link to google would be much appreciated, just im not 100% on what the next step is but i would be a little computer literate!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

try resetting it to factory default settings using the pin hole on the back - use something to hold in button few seconds until light on front turns red.
    then, don't forget to change the default WEP/WPA key!!

see the sticky at top for that.

Advertisement