Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs player of the year.

Options
  • 16-03-2009 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

I know there are a few more left in the season but I was just wondering if you had to hand out the player of the year award now who would you give it to.when you think about it there hasen't been to many outstanding performances in what was mostly a ****ty season so far, IMO the candidates would be.
    Corluka (consistant)
    Dawson (played well in every game he started)
    Woodgate (our best defender)
    Lennon (best season in a spurs shirt)
    Modric (good second half of season)
    Thats about the best i can come up with, who knows if King can play all the remaining games he could be a contender, my own choice would be Woodgate but the rest of ye might have different ideas...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

Lennons been the best player in the second half of the city where as woodgate has been consistent all year long.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Dawson?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'll post up a poll around mid-April, think it's best we wait a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

ruiseal wrote: »
    Dawson?

has been quite good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

I's throw Assou Ekotto's name into the hat ahead of Dawson and Corluka.
    I think Lennon should get it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

I's throw Assou Ekotto's name into the hat ahead of Dawson and Corluka.
    I think Lennon should get it though.

Lennon for me. BAE has improved leaps and bound under Rednapp but his distribution is still shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

it has to be lennon, only woody apart from him deserves a shout imho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Its hard to look past Lennon IMO but I'd like to give it too King for the way he slogs it out and his MOM performance against Villa deserves an award in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

yeah lennon gets the nod as said by earlier posters BAE has to be most improved player under redknapp so he gets a mention too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Dawson - like a new signing - totally turned his career around - solid honest brave ctr half - full of heart and guts - seems a genuine nice guy too which always helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dawson - like a new signing - totally turned his career around - solid honest brave ctr half - full of heart and guts - seems a genuine nice guy too which always helps.

Well said, he seems like a top bloke whenever i hear him talking, although id say he's gutted when he see's king fit every week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Assou ekkotu has been very consistant so far this season I heard he was leaving in the tranfer window a french club as far as i can remember if any onecan clear it up i would appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Well said, he seems like a top bloke whenever i hear him talking, although id say he's gutted when he see's king fit every week ;)
    That's the story for Dawson this season though isn't it, when King is fit he doesn't play,and unfortunately for him King could play all the remaining games now because they will probably be a week apart.Daws was lucky we had a lot of cup games that saw him get plenty of action and he stood out in all those games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

definately Lennon, but honourable mentions for Woodgate and Dawson. BAE is most imprved player.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Obviously Lennon but I think Corluka has been outstanding this season. Never has any flash of brilliance moments but he has been our most consistent player this season which you cannot say for Lennon. He has only started to become consistent. He is the only new signing of last summer to sit into the team and play like he's been there for years. Put in some really great performances.ie Utd in the league cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

i go for modric

Advertisement