Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Cornell ft.Timbaland - Part of Me - (Official Video) HQ

• 16-03-2009 10:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭

.....like..... WTF?! :eek::mad::rolleyes::D:pac::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I have to say that having listened to the whole album a few times, it is much better than I expected. It is not rock, but once you get used to that fact it is damn catchy and Cornell shows a lot of range.

The first single - Part Of Me - is one of the weaker tracks on it though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Kess73 wrote: »
    I have to say that having listened to the whole album a few times, it is much better than I expected. It is not rock, but once you get used to that fact it is damn catchy and Cornell shows a lot of range.

The first single - Part Of Me - is one of the weaker tracks on it though.

Really? I was kinda boppin' to the beat :eek: :pac: ... so perhaps I should check the album out.

I just saw him being interviewed on MTV2... hence the post as I was in shock that he horsed out a funk tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Ugh.. That's garbage. Even for Timbaland.

I think Ground Zero and Scream are ok.. Not great, not ground breaking... but decent I guess for that style of music. Not really acceptable for Chis Cornell though.

Scream was premiered during a scene on the show One Tree Hill. That's the fan base he wants to reach. Worked really well in that episode though. OTH fans were raving about it on youtube after it aired! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This has been out a few weeks, its crap, and has been treated as such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

On one hand I admire Cornell thinking "F**k it, why not! I'll try this..." On the other hand, as Effin Eddie would say "mother ah god....."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

I know I know its awful.

I'm just gonna ignore him for the next while, hope he sees sense and listen to his past stuff in blissful ignorance. :(

Here ya go, the real Chris Cornell -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83WmHp8L-Gw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Great Bands that are reforming:

Rage Against the Machine, Faith No More, Soundgarden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

Man, what a donkey. Ha.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

whatever became of Kim Thayil ad Ben Sheperd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

So far removed from the quality days of soundgarden.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Thread should be moved to Dance/Electronic or something, it DEFINITELY doesn't belong here.

Only recently got the AIC EP Sap and didn't realise the man collaborated with AIC, great song, enjoy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBlnNkDtEXY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

How the mighty have fallen eh? Maybe he feels like he's been outshined and finally fell on black days.

Sorry.

Edit (one more): If I were him I'd feel like a spoon.......man. (Ugh sorry)

chin_grin wrote: »
    How the mighty have fallen eh? Maybe he feels like he's been outshined and finally fell on black days.

Sorry.

Edit (one more): If I were him I'd feel like a spoon.......man. (Ugh sorry)

I'l make ya a pretty noose and let you drown if ya don't shuddup! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

I think it would pay him more to walk on water

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Heard that song back in August and i was like wtf... once i loved Chris Cornell... now, meh! What utter crap and a grab at popdom... he must really want to make some dosh and sod his better musical talent in order to make it.

Gone. Chris is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I think it would pay him more to walk on water

He doesn't need to walk on water....He can quite obviously fly over it based on the way he jumped that fcuking shark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

This is hilarious. Just keeps getting better and better.

I heard the 6 leaked tracks months back and while I was sceptical at first they really did grow on me. While nothing on the album is fit to be mentioned in the same breath as Black Hole Sun or any classic Cornell the osngs are catchy as hell and perfect fodder for the summer months.

It's fashionable to trash an artist for embracing the main stream but given ho wmuch truly great music Cornell has delivered over the years then perhaps people should give the man the benefit of the doubt and at least give the album a few listens before jumping to conclusions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

• Advertisement

Aw god sad days - I was in HMV today and the rerelease of Ten by Pearl Jam was right next to Scream... I didn't hesitate in buying PJ old stuff (and a couple of bonus tracks) instead of brand new Chris stuff. If I travelled back in time and tried to tell my old self that, I wouldnt have believed him/me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RAMAN

I picked it up on friday, it has it's moment's but what worries me is what the hell is the next album going to be like?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Finally bit the bullet and bought it last week.

Its not as bad as I anticipated and as mentioned above it will grow on you, there is some ****e songs on it all the same.

Chris has matured, given up the booze, had some more babógs, got married etc but he's not getting any younger and Justin Timberlake he aint.

Fair play to him for trying a different aspect of music, a weird one in my opinion but I think he can leave it at that and stop craving mainstream attention. He will just alienate the shedloads of fans he already has/had.

Please God come back with Euphoria Morning Part 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Dear god, the album is actually starting to grow on me.

To be honest people slate this alot, but Carry On was hardly a masterpeice was it?

Dear god, the album is actually starting to grow on me.

To be honest people slate this alot, but Carry On was hardly a masterpeice was it?

Nah but IMO Euphoria Morning was! ;)

I would have rather him kind of drawing inspiration from that kind of sound again...Tho I've heard the hidden track Two Drinks Minimum and it's brilliant! Very blue-sy, and shows that the man has not lost his talent. Here's hoping the next album shows that talent, instead of it being hidden behind synth beats and the inane grunts of Timbaland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Bleugh!! Horrible...

Wasn't mad about Euphoria Morning either, but it was far better than this! Oh how he has digressed...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

whatever floats his boat really. I just know I'll be looking at his downward fall while listening to Birth Ritual!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Wasn't mad about Euphoria Morning either

You have no soul, and I mingle with you !! :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well at least he's starting to see a little sense now. He hasn't said no to the idea of a Soundgarden reunion either.

Which is something he really should have considered about ten years ago really! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Can't see a Soundgarden reunion anytime soon... Matt Cameron is recording with Pearl Jam, and they'll be on tour after that. Unless he finds a way to squeeze in a reunion tour too :pac:

Advertisement