Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me fill my 3.5" gap!!

Options
  • 16-03-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have a space for a 3.5" drive.

However I dont want a floppy, card reader or a fan controller!!

Can anyone suggest and link me to something more adventurous!!
    Even something a LED scroller would do :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

polyfiller works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

i have the plate... but i was looking for something... a bit more creative :L:L:L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Filth... absolute filth...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Unfortunately Kelloggs refused to change their standardised HPS format poptarts to the new compact mHPS format Akasa had planned, so they never released the smaller 3.5" version of the Toaster Bay. Sorry.

On another note, consider revising the title of the thread, as it sounds mildly obscene. I doubt I'm the only one who gets the giggles reading it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

toco123 wrote: »
    I have a space for a 3.5" drive.

However I dont want a floppy, card reader or a fan controller!!

Can anyone suggest and link me to something more adventurous!!
    Even something a LED scroller would do :D

What about three units in one?

Nice idea and both IDE & SATA enclosures available.

Or how about something simple like four extra USB ports?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

What about three units in one?

Nice, but a little pricey.

I think what we should be keeping our eyes peeled for is something a little like this. Shame most of the units like that I know of are 5.25" units :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A simple cooler? A card reader/usb port/temp monitor combo would probably be the most useful thing to use to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This fan controller, I have one myself, not very functional but looks great, available in black and silver.

PogMoThoin wrote:
    This fan controller

... Is too big :p

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Not sure what space you are talking about but I think if it is one of the drive bays accessible from the front you could try something like this combined cigarette lighter and cup holder.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SIL-CIGCUP-BAY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

He's talking about the floppy drive, 3.5" space. What you linked to is for a CD-Drive 5.25" space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You know you want too..

pc-toaster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Shít sorry, You could use this

Okay so far polyfiller looks like the best option :L:L
    Decided to probably get a usb!!

Does anyone know where i can buy a 5.25" monitor, either flip up or triple bay?

If you mean an actual LCD monitor, then, er, fail.

Closest you can get is a single or double-bay Veris (same as the one on Antec's Fusion cases), which is a dot-matrix VFD and looks sweet but is mostly geared toward HTPC/media systems. I don't think the bay version of that odd Pertelian LCD status thingummy is still available - I can only find the old USB version. That was a bit more versatile IIRC. Its also old-skool monochrome.

But there are no bay LCDs out there other than the Thermaltake one, and that was made specifically for their Mozart case, as only it has a custom 7" bay for it :(

yah i think your talking aabout these: http://www.matrixorbital.com/

emm.... i think i'll contact a custom modder for one :D

God Almighty look at those prices!!! Oh the humanity! :eek:

Ya i know... there like €87

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I actually have a silver matrix oribital sitting here that i never used. If anyone wants it let me know.

This one infact:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/blc2041algw-p-688.html

Does that actually need to take up two drive bays???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I know you said no card readers, but I recently got this:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FL-002-AK&groupid=701&catid=137&subcat=221

Supports all formats, including smart cards and sim cards (so no need for an external card reader to log onto work any more :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

astrofool wrote: »
    I know you said no card readers...but here's a card reader

lol:)

Ive decided to go:

3.5" USB drive
    Scythe Kaze Master Ace KM02-BK 5.25in
    Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon MCE Inverse Blue

Comes to about €170 :S

It'll be worth the kudos points.
    Im also going to see if anyone will build a flip up 5.25" flip out monitor on thebestcasescenario.com forums

Although I have some style points for having a (wonderful) white/cream/beige Philips DVDRW DL IDE drive in my black case. Anyone in a position to swap for a black similarly specced one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

stedeb wrote: »
    polyfiller works :)

parrot food?

Advertisement