Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - 16/3/09 - Contains spoilers!

• 17-03-2009 12:15am
    Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭

So far:

Will Flair have one more match? I hope not!

Also: Stone Cold is Superstar of the day and tonights Raw is in Texas
    Here's hoping he will show up @ Raw and challenge Jerricho! (We can wish!)

So, did the creative team eat their weetabix this morning? 6 votes

Three Weetabix and we're good to go! Amazing show
    0% 0 votes
    One weetabix, don't need a second helping! Could live with it
    33% 2 votes
    Zero weetabix, not hungry. Utter abortion of a show!
    66% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

brolly wrote: »
    Also: Stone Cold is Superstar of the day and tonights Raw is in Texas
    Here's hoping he will show up @ Raw and challenge Jerricho! (We can wish!)
    Yes we can wish, & hope, & pray.

I just hope it'll give us the result we want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

What are the odds on Jericho calling somebody a hypocrite tonight? I imagine if Stonecold does not come back tonight well forget about him being in Mania.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

Its tonight,.... or Never!

Raw is in Texas, so it aint much trouble for him to pop in & say hello........

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What are the odds on Jericho calling somebody a hypocrite tonight? I imagine if Stonecold does not come back tonight well forget about him being in Mania.:(

Its late enough as it is...any later and its pointless. Anybody apart from Stone Cold challenging Jerricho at this stage will be a big disappointment. Please don't let it be Hogan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Hopefully the tag match is good.!Id like to see Austin vs Jericho at Mania altough Id prefer Austin vs Rock which oblivously wont happen so id be happy with that match.!I also hope something good happens between HHH and Orton tonight.!

• Advertisement

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Hopefully the tag match is good.!Id like to see Austin vs Jericho at Mania altough Id prefer Austin vs Rock which oblivously wont happen so id be happy with that match.!I also hope something good happens between HHH and Orton tonight.!

Its been reported that
    Trips v Orton will be a no disqualification match at Mania - someone mentioned it in the Mania thread - hope they announce it tonight!

I'm quite excited about Raw tonight - one of the few nights that I can sit up and watch it live. Ah, its great to have tomorrow off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thebeanz

brolly wrote: »
    I'm quite excited about Raw tonight - one of the few nights that I can sit up and watch it live. Ah, its great to have tomorrow off!

Will all the breaks not do your head in?

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- In regards to a possible appearance by "Stone Cold" Steve Austin on tonight's Raw in Austin, Texas, he was originally booked for the show as recently as a month ago. Although, he was also booked for the Raw in Nashville last month, but did not appear for reasons unknown.

The WWE website appears to be teasing Austin as he's today "Superstar of the Day." They also note today's date, wishing everyone a "Happy 3/16."

Hopefully he does appear and challenges Jericho.

Folks like last week this begins at 1am not 2am on sky sports 3.
    http://www.livesportontv.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Read on another forum that Jimmy Snuka and Roddy Piper were with Ric Flair at the arena..Imagine if it was a Jericho vs legends gauntlet match at WM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

PWTorch.com is reporting that WWE Legends "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka have both arrived backstage at the site of Raw tonight in San Antonio, Texas Both legends have been involved in the current Chris Jericho storyline which is expected to culminate in some way at Wrestlemania 25. Snuka and Piper will most likely be used tonight to further that on-going angle.
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-two-big-names-arrive-in-san-antonio-for-raw-tonight-59933

Its obviously going to be one of two things announced tonight:
    The very obvious and hoped for Stone Cold v Jericho ..or
    Some silly gimmick legend gauntlet.

IF it does go ahead to be austin then i would in no way expect him to come out and defend all the legends that was called out before him.

Unless they do a video package of Austin with jericho coming out afterwards and giving out about Steve.

I really want to hear Austin saying something along the lines of "There was a night where you were able to beat me and the Rock in the same night, Now i don't think you'd be able to last 5 minutes!"

Jericho: "I am superstar of the year, i was a world champion, and i can beat you just as good as i bet you that night. Because now your even more of an old pathetic excuse for a human being".

Anything like that would do just nicely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Its obviously going to be one of two things announced tonight:
    The very obvious and hoped for Stone Cold v Jericho ..or
    Some silly gimmick legend gauntlet.

I really hope Austin doesn't go back on everything he said in 2003 and go foley and keep coming back for "one more match", he's out of the business as an active wrestler and still has his health. He'll draw as much and still get the same pop even if he just appears for a haircut. After a six year layoff, he'll stink up the joint!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I really hope Austin doesn't go back on everything he said in 2003 and go foley and keep coming back for "one more match", he's out of the business as an active wrestler and still has his health. He'll draw as much and still get the same pop even if he just appears for a haircut. After a six year layoff, he'll stink up the joint!

Good point an austin appearance in texas on RAW and Wrestlemania would be enough. Maybe the special guest referee place is an option with one of the active wrestlers (Maybe rey) stepping up to support the legends. Either way we must find out tonight what the plan is, they can't stretch it much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Perhaps but he'd still stink the joint up less than the likes of Piper, Snuka etc

EdK wrote: »
    Perhaps but he'd still stink the joint up less than the likes of Piper, Snuka etc

Piper and Snuka are in better physical health than Austin by the sounds of things. But hey, if "fans" want to see their hero die in the ring for one more crappy match, who am I to begrudge em? :P

Tonights raw.......

Can we expect match ups featuring MITB qualifiers to start tonight? Should we expect a JBL Punk rematch?
    Any thoughts?

Piper and Snuka are in better physical health than Austin by the sounds of things. But hey, if "fans" want to see their hero die in the ring for one more crappy match, who am I to begrudge em? :P

Slight exageration maybe ?

thebeanz wrote: »
    Tonights raw.......

Can we expect match ups featuring MITB qualifiers to start tonight? Should we expect a JBL Punk rematch?
    Any thoughts?

Nope as JBL and Kozlov are teaming to face HBK/Taker.

EdK wrote: »
    Slight exageration maybe ?

I didn't think so, in fact i think a Cancer surviving Piper would do a lot better in the ring than a broken down, ring rusted Austin today. :)

Let's face it, Piper was always known for being a brawler, and Austin couldn't wrestle for sh*t since 1997, that said, what he did do, he did brilliantly.

• Advertisement

OH F*CK OFF SANTINO!
    Seriously

Nope as JBL and Kozlov are teaming to face HBK/Taker.

Thanks, i'm a bit dopy, I think i should go to sleep. Better sky plus raw.

OH F*CK OFF BETH!
    Seriously

Fixed your post;)
    They like their recaps don't they:rolleyes:

OH F*CK OFF SANTINO!
    Seriously

What is the story with santino, they gave him a make over of sorts and lost weight (Mrs Beanz noticed okay?). Rarely wrestles now, is he injured.

I am new so don't know the background to the problem you have with santino, i'll assume it his lack of wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No Test graphic yet or mention of his death?

thebeanz wrote: »
    What is the story with santino, they gave him a make over of sorts and lost weight (Mrs Beanz noticed okay?). Rarely wrestles now, is he injured.

I am new so don't know the background to the problem you have with santino, i'll assume it his lack of wrestling.

Don't think Santino has lost weight as such, just more cut up what he had, he was somewhat of a flabby f*cker when he started.

My problem is that he stopped being funny over a year ago. And now he no longer has the comic relief, he's about as useful as Bret Hart these days.

No Test graphic yet or mention of his death?

I just thinking that when Kelly Kelly turned up, hopefully they will reference him later.

I just thinking that when Kelly Kelly turned up, hopefully they will reference him later.

Was talking to a friend about this, i don't think they will until they know the full circumstances.

Another crappy Cena movie, yay!
    Times like this, i'm glad i don't have kids!

• Advertisement

HHH getting arrested after an attempted house breakin, and cuffed by the cops?
    Um, why do i get the feeling i saw this 12 years ago featuring a guy with a bald head? :confused:

Beth not Jillian took the pin:eek:

Triple H entrance...
    (wonders if he can gag Rjd2 for the rest of RAW?)

Did the son in law actually allow Cody to get any offense in that burial match?:rolleyes:

Did the son in law actually allow Cody to get any offense in that burialmatch?:rolleyes:

In fairness, Cody's pretty much been a jobber since Priceless were brought together, so what's the difference?

Hah, Dolph Ziggler no longer gets an entrance!
    Booyaka Booyaka... Mid-get-Mad-Ness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

this match with rey won't last long when he gets to do what he does best the high flying

Oh my god!!! Did Ziggler even get in any offence with that burial :rolleyes:

Should have remained as Chavo Guerrero's caddy boy!

In fairness, Cody's pretty much been a jobber since Priceless were brought together, so what's the difference?

It serves **** all that type of segment just makes Cody look totally useless, I have no problem with HHH winning quickly and clean but come on that was awful. I mean even Taker let Zack Ryder get some offense in against him last year.

why have they kept ziggler. he doesn't do much.

Jbl vs Rey outta nowhere.....boring!!!

• Advertisement

It serves **** all that type of segment just makes Cody look totally useless, I have no problem with HHH winning quickly and clean but come on that was awful. I mean even Taker let Zack Ryder get some offense in against him last year.

Cody makes Cody look useless. The whole point of it was for HHH to "send the message" to Orton, It's better to have Cody in there than DiBiase.

Had it been DiBiase, then yeah, i would have agreed with you.

cena wrote: »
    why have they kept ziggler. he doesn't do much.

Ah now, he was a good golf caddy, and a damn good cheerleader :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I thought Goldust was after shrinking but no...it was Rey Mysterio :eek:

did'n know he was a caddy. was this on smackdown. if so i don't really get to see it much only when i think of it

cena wrote: »
    did'n know he was a caddy. was this on smackdown. if so i don't really get to see it much only when i think of it

He was Kerwin White's caddy when Chavo dyed his hair blonde and went to RAW.

Given what Piper has been through, he looks great. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

what so no Jericho match at mania?

Sorry Vince no slick video packages can save Wrestlemania 15:D

Sorry Vince no video packages can save Wrestlemania 15:D

No legends match!:(

Is it too late to get a refund on a trip to Wrestlemania

Disasterous ending to the Jericho storyline when did this turn into Cyber Sunday

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

what so no Jericho match at mania?

scratch that 3 on 1 with Flair in the corner and Rourke in the crowd.

holding out a tiny bit of Austin hope id like to see it done as a gauntlet and just when Jericho thinks he has defeated all the legends the 4th oppenent is announced as HOF inductee SCSA who opens a can of whoopass one last time at mania in Texas :D:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement