Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - 16/3/09 - Contains spoilers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

This doesn't half take loads of breaks. i wouldn't of thiught it did when i always fast forward it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Hornswoggle on commentary?:(
    That Jericho Mania match sounds terrible. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

scratch that 3 on 1 with Flair in the corner and Rourke in the crowd.

holding out a tiny bit of Austin hope id like to see it done as a gauntlet and just when Jericho thinks he has defeated all the legends the 4th oppenent is announced as HOF inductee SCSA who opens a can of whoopass one last time at mania in Texas :D:P

Austin as ref or special enforcer in the match possibly? atleast he would still be involved then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Its so bad people are literally getting desperate for Austin to even watch the match from his hotel room

25th Anniversary of WM my ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

EdK wrote: »
    Its so bad people are literally getting desperate for Austin to even watch the match from his hotel room

25th Anniversary of WM my ass

I'm sorry, i really don't want to sound like an ass here but...

I DODGED THE BULLET!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

viccky really annoys me

cena wrote: »
    viccky really annoys me

Good, cos that's her job. She's a heel, and a damn good one.

Punk wins:cool:
    I must admit, Cena has being getting great reaction since he came back, him v Edge is always good, even if it is a match done to death.
    Christian by the way was shocking on the mic in that on that tag match, way to prove Vince wrong!:rolleyes:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Punk wins:cool:

Might as well give him a win seeing as they don't trust him with a jobberweight belt these days. ;)
    I must admit, Cena has being getting great reaction since he came back, him v Edge is always good, even if it is a match done to death.

Aye, sadly i've Cena nuff. I'm enjoying Vickie's bouncing boobies though, i can almost ignore the triple chin. :D:D

• Advertisement

Well alert the medical profession and give Vince McMahon the nobel prize.
    Cos he's given us a cure for insomnia. Piss poor build up to a weak Wrestlemania card. This looks like it's gonna be right up there on Mania 15 levels of mediocracy. With one good match on the entire card with a load of middling to poor matches supporting it.

I'll probably be seen as the only one seeing with that view, although i have a funny feeling EdK feels the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Cos he's given us a cure for insomnia. Piss poor build up to a weak Wrestlemania card. This looks like it's gonna be right up there on Mania 15 levels of mediocracy. With one good match on the entire card with a load of middling to poor matches supporting it.

I'll probably be seen as the only one seeing with that view, although i have a funny feeling EdK feels the same way.

Oh believe me, you ain't.

There is literally almost nothing about this WrestleMania that I am looking forward to or excited about or find engaging. The best part of the night is probably gonna be the fireworks at the opening pyro at this rate. Taker/HBK is the only thing with a chance of saving this abortion, and it says something when the oldest hands in the company need to be relied on to save the biggest ppv of the year.

Its hard to get excited for Mania and even the match that everyone is looking forward to, Taker v HBK, outcome is kind of obvious. Raw was pretty boring tonight, the opening tag match was dull until the finish. The ladies match we have seen a milllion times before. The Hunter squash went on far to long, Rey v Dolph was not much better and the fact that Hornswoggle was more comfortable on the mic than Christian was very depressing.The tag match itself was a cluster**** as well. The Cena v Edge match was harmless fun, but lets not kid ourselves they have put on better matches than this, both were in cruise control tonight. Their is not much that I really enjoyed on Raw really.:(

Well, look at it this way folks, at least Destination X was able to produce one good match this month, if Wrestlemania can only equal that, what's it saying about the promotion and the crapper that it's in?

Well, look at it this way folks, at least Destination X was able to produce one good match this month, if Wrestlemania can only equal that, what's it saying about the promotion and the crapper that it's in?

Their may be other matches announced though if we want to be over positive:D
    They seem to be hinting on unifying the tag title so we could get Mizorrison v colons and Swagger will probably defend his EVW title at Mania which would be a good thing and hopefully against Bourne who has returned as all the other ECW faces are in MITB.
    I do wish they would cut down on the recaps and Cena trailers as well.:(

They seem to be hinting on unifying the tag title so we could get Mizorrison v colons and Swagger will probably defend his EVW title at Mania which would be a good thing and hopefully against Bourne who has returned as all the other ECW faces are in MITB.

The times for hinting are long past, WM is in less than 3 weeks! That's nowhere near enough time to start and try to build a match that would draw people in, no matter how good the participants in it are. There's nothing about this WM that can engage anyone on a personal level or get them personally invested imo. The Taker/HBK match is a history lesson, and Orton/HHH went to crap with that horrible house-crashing bit last week.

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    The times for hinting are long past, WM is in less than 3 weeks! That's nowhere near enough time to start and try to build a match that would draw people in, no matter how good the participants in it are.

To be fair the tag feud has being going for a while now, so at least it would have some back story if it happened at Mania.

To be fair the tag feud has being going for a while now, so at least it would have some back story if it happened at Mania.

But would people really give a shit if it didn't happen? For me that's the crux of the issue, there's nothing there to actually care about

One of the biggest failings of Wrestlemania 8 in 1992 with the title match was they made the mistake by signing the match first, and then adding the Angle later. With less than 3 weeks to go, i can see WWE doing this again, only instead of adding the angle, changing it, which is probably worse to try and generate interest other than Taker/HBK, cos HHH/Orton really isn't doing much for me, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

A few weeks back I had high expectations. Now there is No Hogan and no Austin. Jericos match will more than likely be the worst match of the night.

paddy_5000 wrote: »
    A few weeks back I had high expectations. Now there is No Hogan and no Austin. Jericos match will more than likely be the worst match of the night.
    Yep what makes it worse he will be jobbing as well:(

• Advertisement

Poll added to see if how many of us have felt the creative team ate their weetabix before giving the go ahead to do this show. :)

Have fun, guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

orestes wrote: »
    Oh believe me, you ain't.

There is literally almost nothing about this WrestleMania that I am looking forward to or excited about or find engaging. The best part of the night is probably gonna be the fireworks at the opening pyro at this rate. Taker/HBK is the only thing with a chance of saving this abortion, and it says something when the oldest hands in the company need to be relied on to save the biggest ppv of the year.

totally on the same page as the 2 of you! this really is a piss poor wrestlemania card after one of the worst raws in a long time! horrible show, and whats with the "superstar of the day" being austin, wwe announcing "happy 3/16" and no sign of him? this is yet another rediculous wwe turn, trying to fool the internet! what a joke, dont try fool the internet....they are the fcukin fans, its what they want to see! i genuinely cant believe how bad WM is this year! it's as if they just dont care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thebeanz

One of the biggest failings of Wrestlemania 8 in 1992 with the title match was they made the mistake by signing the match first, and then adding the Angle later. With less than 3 weeks to go, i can see WWE doing this again, only instead of adding the angle, changing it, which is probably worse to try and generate interest other than Taker/HBK, cos HHH/Orton really isn't doing much for me, personally.

Are most PPVs not built up in about 3 weeks? If they made the whole card obvious six weeks before the event we would be sick of it already.

I thought raw was decent, we learned some things, we now know we are going to get a cage match, rey will be challenging JBL (No kozlov!!), a triple threat where no one will work together and a nice taster of HBK Taker.

Raw wasn't perfect but kept my interest high in the next couple of raws, there has to be more to come. Has raw left you wanting something exciting to happen next week? If so three weeks before mania it did its job.

thebeanz wrote: »
    Has raw left you wanting something exciting to happen next week? If so three weeks before mania it did its job.

it hasnt left me wanting something exciting to happen, it has left me wanting something not boringly sh!te to happen! it certainly didnt do its job imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The idea of Orton being able to pull the plug on Wrestlemania doesnt seem at all that bad anymore.

it hasnt left me wanting something exciting to happen, it has left me wanting something not boringly sh!te to happen! it certainly didnt do its job imo!

When does anything exciting happen 3 weeks before a ppv? wwe know that people who normally buy ppv's will buy them regardless. They will try and build suspense and the week before wrestlemania to get the undecided to buy.

My problem with raw this week was the same as normal, the lack of wrestling. Pity we didn't get a Punk, MVP, Shelton Triple threat. I guess i will have to tune into ecw and smackdown to see wrestling.

Raw hasnt made fans excited for next week its made them desperate to see something that will salvage the event, its like they are proving a point let's see how many buys we get by being ****

Who is going to pay to see a guy with replacement hips, a 60 year old "highflyer" and a man who while the best wrestler of the bunch hasnt been near a ring in years wrestle Jericho

Who thought that was a goer? Fine with some sort of legends battle Royal but build a big storyline for months and that's all you got?

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Holy ****...Mania is going to be crap! Thank f*ck I decided to make a holiday outa this trip and go to Orlando first. If I had of just booked for Houston for 5 or 6 days...I'd be seriously pissed off. How they can just announce matches as casually as they do...theres no build up or feck all....did I hear correct that its Rey v JBL @ Mania???

I know I'm ranting on here, but....the one possible match that has had weeks and weeks of build up and it ends up that we are going to see Jerricho up against 3 men in a complete borefest!

JBL wins the title with no build at all now is set to defend against Rey with no build because they want them on the card but couldn't be bothered thinking in advance

Just when I thought the WM card couldn't get any worse it looks like it will be JBL vs Rey and Jericho vs Snuka/Piper/Steamboat. I actually cant believe how bad the card is even if this was a normal PPV let alone WM 25.

The WM 9 card doesn't look too bad now compared to this :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You know I was about to go out on a limb and say Flair will screw the legends at WM and help Jericho to victory, but then I realised Rourke would perhaps be in the crowd, if he is I don't see my prediction coming to fruition.:pac:

Is Jericho v the legends set in stone? Is it confirmed, is at all possible there will be a twist.

The whole plan went out the window when rourke didn't get an oscar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is Jericho v the legends set in stone? Is it confirmed, is at all possible there will be a twist.

I don't know about that, I'd say it was Rourke who pulled out. He was probably up for it but I'd say his advisors told him he would be nuts to do it (potential career suicide and all).....

i agree with LZ, i think he was advised not to! i mean they could have used the travesty of a decision at the oscars to build the feud a bit (in fact they did briefly when jericho thanked the academy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I don't know about that, I'd say it was Rourke who pulled out. He was probably up for it but I'd say his advisors told him he would be nuts to do it (potential career suicide and all).....

That's what he said when he was on the Jonathan Ross show a couple of weeks back. That he was gunning to do it but he has started listening to people other than himself now (which he didnt in the past) and his advisors told him to concentrate on acting and refuse the mania offer. He did say though that he would be attending mania to support those who supported him regarding the movie - he mentioned piper and "the ledgendary Ric Flair".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

And to think I was annoyed I couldnt go to Wrestlemania this year, theres nearly a grand I saved myself on an awful looking card, I'll chuck in a few quid towards the box office price and see it with friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

NO SCSA :(

Enough about wrestlemania istelf. Over to the Wrestlemania thread.

Specifically about raw, what did you want to see? Common concensus they got it wrong what would have made it better?

How about the first match, they could have featured hbk and taker v JBL and Rey. At least it would have contributed to both matches.

The six mnn tag could have been two triple threat matches.

Any ideas?

When does anything exciting happen 3 weeks before a ppv? wwe know that people who normally buy ppv's will buy them regardless. They will try and build suspense and the week before wrestlemania to get the undecided to buy.

Usually most of the time? As the feuds are usually built up and then added to the card, this time they appear to be doing it in the opposite order. And guess what? It's not working.

Look at brolly's post? This is the guy who voted "I'm going, so it's going to be good" on the Mania 25 poll, and even he is saying its gonna be utter crap.

• Advertisement

Seeing as you're new here, i'll let you off with a warning, but backseat mod in this forum again and you'll find yourself on a weeks holiday. If you've a problem with a thread going off topic (even if it is me doing it), then use the report post function.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Specifically about raw, what did you want to see? Common concensus they got it wrong what would have made it better?

How about the first match, they could have featured hbk and taker v JBL and Rey. At least it would have contributed to both matches.

The six mnn tag could have been two triple threat matches.

Any ideas?

To start id didnt think it was too bad a planned show with one obvious exception but was very prroly executed. To start with:

We for a change didnt have a long promo to open the show nor a match nobody would care about instead a tag match with big name wrestlers in Taker/HBK vs JBL/Koslov, however as stated JBL/Rey would have made much more sense if the two are to face each other at mania. Have both teams JBL/Rey & HBK/Taker not work properly together maybe even use the same HBK/Taker finish and then have a quick segment after where Mysterio challenges JBL at mania for the IC strap.

The Womens match was really quick while involving 6 divas and getting Santino on commentary, for many this could be a plus although i didnt really care for it.

Rey vs Dolph: again this was quick and Rey looked good but it was unnecessary and as said Rey should have been in the first match while apart from again making a TV appearance Dolph gained nothing from this outing.

6 man MITB tag: this wasnt too bad an idea again but Christian really did mess up his opportunity on the mic which is a pity as id say on paper that would be on thing that people might have been most interested about with this match, as of course the MITB competitors this year arent exactley the most enthralling but maybe can be on the day in what essentially will become an 8 man TLC match

HHH v Legacy : all Hunter haters will 100% have hated this but just like all the Sledgehammer stuff recently its just serving to help the main feud of Mania keep bubbling when its been ready since Orton RKO'd Steph tbh, it was interesting though as i doubt many expected the cage (which they did a good job not to let into camera shot once beforehand) to be lowered. As a wrestler Rhodes has done nothing for months really but be a lacky so tbh i never considerd this a match but a build up segment and for that it was ok as it kept my attension throughout.

Jericho Segment: This was the one major failing of the show and id say put people in a negative mood pre the final match which wasnt the greatest id also imagine that before the show went live last night the WWE had been scrambling to try and organise other plans for Jericho at mania but couldent pull it off. Even if he wasnt going to be at mania I had expected considering where Raw was being held a SCSA cameo. Maybe he cant wrestle anymore but he could turn up and Stunner Jericho before announcing a Legends gauntlet or something at mania, afterall hes being inducted into the hall of fame the night before surely this wouldent be too much to ask to promote the event.

Main event: Meh really couldent care who is with Vickie but i guess this established that in the triple threat it isnt Vickies boys vs Cena and it will be everyone for themselves

6 man MITB tag: this wasnt too bad an idea again but Christian really did mess up his opportunity on the mic which is a pity as id say on paper that would be on thing that people might have been most interested about with this match, as of course the MITB competitors this year arent exactley the most enthralling but maybe can be on the day in what essentially will become an 8 man TLC match

Was i not the only one who thought that it was a sad day when Hornswoggle is more comfortable on a commentary desk than Christian? At the same time, i thought it was hilarious. Take Christian out of the big leagues for a few years and he's doomed for life. :)
    Main event: Meh really couldent care who is with Vickie but i guess this established that in the triple threat it isnt Vickies boys vs Cena and it will be everyone for themselves

Didn't think the match was too bad, but the ending was piss poor. If you thought Austin thought creative was poor in June 2002 when he initially walked, do you really need an explanation as to why he's not on shows these days?

I have a feeling with the legends storyline Vince probably gambled with the notion he may have being able to get Stonecold,Hogan or even Rourke. Their is no way on earth that when they sat down to plan this angle and bear in mind it has being going for a few months that anybody would have thought this proposed Mania match was a good idea.
    I get the feeling that Vince pays little attention to ECW and I dread to think what his reaction to Christians commentary was last night. His chance of winning MITB took a beating last night.

His chance of winning MITB took a beating last night.

He never had one! And never will for as long as Vince has no interest in the guy.

If you thought Austin thought creative was poor in June 2002 when he initially walked, do you really need an explanation as to why he's not on shows these days?

Or maybe he has it written into his contract that he only does Cyber Sundays anymore.;)

• Advertisement

Or maybe he has it written into his contract that he only does Cyber Sundays anymore.;)

Didn't he also walk out on the second one (when it was Taboo Tuesday)? Because he didn't want to work with Jonathan Coachman in 2005.

Didn't he also walk out on the second one (when it was Taboo Tuesday)? Because he didn't want to work with Jonathan Coachman in 2005.
    Yep I thought that was something to with Stonecold not wanting to job to Coach?
    Forgive me while I consult the ever reliable Wiki:rolleyes:
    Then, at WWE Homecoming in October, Austin again returned to Raw, delivering Stunners to all four members of the McMahon family.[32] An angle including Jim Ross being fired led to a match in which Austin agreed to face Ross's replacement, Jonathan Coachman, at Taboo Tuesday, with the stipulation of Ross regaining his announcing job if Austin were to win and Austin losing his own job if he lost the match. Austin balked at the decision for Coachman to win, however, and once again walked out on the company after storyline disagreements. To explain away his failure to appear at Taboo Tuesday Vince McMahon said on Raw that Austin had been involved in an accident, thus preventing him from competing. A substitution for Austin was made in the form of Batista, who faced the Coach along with Vader and Goldust, who was brought in to generate some last minute interest in the match. The stipulation was dropped due to Austin not competing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonecold

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Usually most of the time? As the feuds are usually built up and then added to the card, this time they appear to be doing it in the opposite order. And guess what? It's not working.

Look at brolly's post? This is the guy who voted "I'm going, so it's going to be good" on the Mania 25 poll, and even he is saying its gonna be utter crap.

And I'm being serious! The experience of being at Mania is something, but this Mania line-up is awful. I was as excited as hell last year going to Mania...this year, I'm more excited about a few days off work than actually going to Mania! How could they screw it up so much?

Yep I thought that was something to with Stonecold not wanting to job to Coach?
    Forgive me while I consult the ever reliable Wiki:rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonecold

And to be fair, I'll side with Austin on that one, why the hell should he job to Coach? But also it would have been a night off and he wouldn't have to do too much work, but losing to Coach would be disasterous.

brolly wrote: »
    How could they screw it up so much?

Because Vince is #1 so why should he try harder? And because there are millions of suckers around the world... with money.

• Advertisement
Advertisement