Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw - 16/3/09 - Contains spoilers!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭thebeanz

Having had time to digest raw i will remember HBK Laying out taker and HHH orten staring through the cage.

Two moments we will see on video packages countless times so i will probably end up sick of them.

The rest, for me, was forgetful.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I have had time to calm down! It is St Patrick's Day after all! One thing I now know for definate is that Vince has no Irish blood...if he did, he wouldn't have f*cked up one of the greatest Mania's that there could have been!;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

He might have some Irish blood after all.
    I'm sure i could come with a card just as bad if i spent three nights on the row on Jack Daniels. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Anyone else annoyed that we have yet to see any interaction/backstage segement between Edge and Christian afterall both were on RAW this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

If they had any sense of worth, Christian would be playing the part Big Show is. I can't see how they think putting him in the main event of Wrestlemania in 2009 is a good idea. I can miss this year's show and not care in the slightest. Terrible card.

If they had any sense of worth, Christian would be playing the part Big Show is. I can't see how they think putting him in the main event of Wrestlemania in 2009 is a good idea. I can miss this year's show and not care in the slightest. Terrible card.

As bad as Big Slow is, he's much more credible in the main event as Christian would be. Hell, Slow and Mayweather were featured on the poster and the buildup to the event last year, and much as I hated it, i'll give it credit, it drew major media interest. Mayweather and Christian sure as hell couldn't do it, and i don't even think Jericho/Rourke could do it as well either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Every week I watch Raw I grow less and less interested in WrestleMania and I'm going to Texas! It's not that the card is that bad, it's alright and should have a pretty good match quality but the build is absolutely atrocious. I don't think they are supposed to make you less interested in a show as they build to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Every week I watch Raw I grow less and less interested in WrestleMania and I'm going to Texas! It's not that the card is that bad, it's alright and should have a pretty good match quality but the build is absolutely atrocious. I don't think they are supposed to make you less interested in a show as they build to it.

As I said to you today, what now is the point in Triple H vs Orton?, Triple H has already gotten all the revenge he is going to get before the actual match, He has destroyed Ortons home, intimidated his wife, he beat Orton up in his own home he's taken out Rhodes and will probably take out DiBiase soon, currently they are all square

Triple H is acting more like the heel in this, Also Triple H cant take the title from Orton to make revenge complete as he is the champion, essentially this fued is over as the act was committed and has already been revenged long before Wrestlemania

I hope people understand what i'm trying to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Poor Vince:D

Raw was down again to a 3.6 last night. It's going to be a rough week for a lot of people as Smackdown did a 1.9 Friday and Vince blew a complete gasket.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8683/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh i think the Orton vs HHH match was ready the second HHH admitted on air Steph is his wife and Orton had RKO'd her, ever since that point anything done has only lessened peoples interest as it wasnt at the same level of intensity and wasnt the WM match itsself.

I still expect a screwjob finish with Shane-O-Mac maybe joining Legacy esp as you mention HHH cant get retribution by taking the title in this fight, then afterwards and at the draft and backlash Shane w/HHH vs Steph w/Orton can take place.

(maybe this should be in the WM thread but originally i was replying to a point made here)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Rjd2 wrote: »

Raw was down again to a 3.6 last night. It's going to be a rough week for a lot of people as Smackdown did a 1.9 Friday and Vince blew a complete gasket.

I don't think the Smackdown double tapings helps the second of the two show's rating either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rjd2 wrote: »

One thing I cannot understand about Vince is that he surrounds himself with yes men then fires the people like Pritchard who are nothing but yes men, Brian Gerwitz especially is one of the biggest culprits, just telling him what he wants to hear even though it may not be a good pitch but nobodies afraid to challenge him and Stephanie when it comes to creative decisions,and then he goes nuts when those bad decisions in booking result in poor ratings.

He also seems to hate the very people he hires, have you ever looked at job requirements for creative writers? "must have a knowledge of WWE history and programming" yet the writers are constantly rehashing old angles and screwing up history, and those who do know what they are talking about are seen as marks, Christ i hate the wrestling industry sometimes...

krudler wrote: »
    He also seems to hate the very people he hires, have you ever looked at job requirements for creative writers? "must have a knowledge of WWE history and programming" yet the writers are constantly rehashing old angles and screwing up history, and those who do know what they are talking about are seen as marks, Christ i hate the wrestling industry sometimes...

Well to be fair, WCW tried using people that didn't know the history around 92, and that was an absolute farce. Vince might be brave, but he's not completely f*cking stupid either. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

dsmythy wrote: »
    I don't think the Smackdown double tapings helps the second of the two show's rating either.

I actually thought Smackdown the other night was good as it had actual wrestling something Raw does not bother with most of the time. The problem is though it’s a on a network that most expect to be dead next year. I mean Smackdown is the only show that is not repeats apparently on that station. The delay is another problem as I imagine lots of people had read the spoilers before it aired. The fact that all the action for Smackdown title match is happening on Raw does not help either.

Advertisement