Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales v Ireland (pre/during/post thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

That was some nerve wrecking match!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,248 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Great stuff. Bit close for comfort, hope it won't be take as long for the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

RichTea wrote: »
    Brian O'Driscoll deserved this. If he retired tomorrow he would be the greatest player ever to come from this isle and there could be no disputing it.

I second that. He has to get IRB player of the year. Considering Shane Williams got it last time and we completely embarassed him today. Has to be BOD. Who was better than him? Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

YES! I feel Brillant! It was Manky at times, but I feel BRILLANT! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

MayoForSam wrote: »
    BOD is a shoe-in for Lion's captain now. POC not too far behind.

Wasn't it announced that Paul O Connell is the Lions Captain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Wasn't it announced that Paul O Connell is the Lions Captain?

The squad hasn't been announced yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Anyone know where I can watch Six Nations Highlights tonight other than Setanta Sports One?

I was bloody working today. grrrrrrrrrrr......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Jeesus lads, I thought my poor heart wouldn't last that out to the end - absolutely fantastic result, right down to the wire. I thought overall we well deserved it, even though the penalty count made it much harder on us. Fair dues to ROG for stepping up to the mark to take the drop kick at the end, can't help feeling for Stephen Jones, it was do or die for him and it just didn't have the legs.

I think that Kidney's role in all of this must be acknowledged - he has given the team a sense of self-respect, belief and pride in the jersey and given them a mandate to play the game - all without the kind of counter-productive nonesense we witnessed this week from Gatland or the public frustration expressed by Martin Johnson. Let's hear it for the sixteenth man on the irish team, who now has an under19 World Cup, two European Championships and a grand slam in his first season as Irish Coach - the mark of the man is that his first response was to give credit to EOS and the other who went before him.

The team has waited long enough to fulfil their potential, let's hope we can look forward to more such days.................

G'WAN IRELAND ! ! !

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

jayteecork wrote: »
    Wow.

Jack Kyle looks and sounds well for 83.

Just said that myself! Great that he got to see it too :)

Close doesn't describe that second half!

I work as a care assistant in a nursing home and couldn't get this afternoon off. I had control of a telly though. For the last twenty minutes there was smell of pee around me. I'm not sure if it was from me or the poor old dears I was undoubtedly neglecting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

The Ritz wrote: »

I think that Kidney's role in all of this must be acknowledged. Let's hear it for the sixteenth man on the irish team, who now has an under19 World Cup, two European Championships and a grand slam in his first season as Irish Coach - the mark of the man is that his first response was to give credit to EOS and the other who went before him.

Yeah i must say he was very modest in that interview! He wouldnt budge an inch to take any credit. Was really nice of him to mention E O Sullivan, and everyone and anyone else who had a hand in bringing the team to where we are today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

all I an say is "WHEW!" sums me up right now.it could be paul o' connell for man of the six nations(or whatever it is)He played a blinder today and proved why he has always been undisputed for No.5
    What was hook like after the match? I had to go straight after the presentation.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

First of all - YYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now congrats to the team, the coaching staff and to all who follow them.
    I started a thread a couple of months ago about not rating gavin henson - today we see I'M RIGHT!!:D:D

Glad it was wales we beat to win it as I always enjoy getting one over on them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ffs, the match didn't record on my sky+, but I checked at 8pm and it had recorded!!!!!

Did this happen to anyone else?

Sky, you F**KIN W***ERS. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I still saw the match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Yeah i must say he was very modest in that interview! He wouldnt budge an inch to take any credit. Was really nice of him to mention E O Sullivan, and everyone and anyone else who had a hand in bringing the team to where we are today.

PAUL O'CONNEL UNREAL

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I loved Tommy Bowe's reference to the "RTE Panel".

Bet Hooky loved that. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭lt_cmdr_worf

They should defo release this game on DVD.

In years to come you could show someone that penalty and say: "Don't pretend you're hard. Be a man -- admit that you crapped yourself on this bit!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

great stuff, congrats all, heroes to a man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

They should defo release this game on DVD.

In years to come you could show someone that penalty and say: "Don't pretend you're hard. Be a man -- admit that you crapped yourself on this bit!"

I actually ran out to the kitchen in a fit of depression at this point, i thought we were finished. After hearing screams of joy from the living room i ran in to see the ball fall short of the post! WOOT! Words cannot describe my happiness tonight!

Lets get pi$$ed people!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 upthewalls

...is there any chance ROG getting his Jersey back from the Welsh.??..lol..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Excellent performance from the lads mangled wales out there today and the score didnt reflect the donimance of play. Kidney did a good job on tactics cutting off wales supply to the backline and putting o leary into scrum half.

I thought POC and BOD were just immense today and ROG. Well what can you say about the man the welsh were giving him a good a battering today picking his channel as the weaklink in our defense but nothing brings him down. Excellent excution of what we are so used to.

All in all a good day to be Irish!! Fair play to wales in making in a good game was high quality rugby at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

****ing Brilliant.

ffs, the match didn't record on my sky+, but I checked at 8pm and it had recorded!!!!!

Did this happen to anyone else?

Sky, you F**KIN W***ERS. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I still saw the match though.

It happened us too!!!! Husband is frecking out even though he seen it too he wanted to keep it!! and it was recording during the match! it just says failed in the listing!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I remember 2007 in the dieing mins of the France v Scotland seeing Stringer and the Irish players inside the pub with the fans and 6nations almost won and then France got a try got on the last min OMG the disapointrment in their faces. I felt so sorry for the lads that day but we have come back from a bad world cup, a bad 2008 6nations and now quess what we are GRAND SLAM CHAMPS for 2009. I always believed that 2009 was our year and now here we are. Our country will go wild tonight and we deserve to and now im going getting drunk. Im proud to be Irish! ROG, BOD Strings POC and DOC ye have been Irelands heroes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

eeyore2502 wrote: »
    It happened us too!!!! Husband is frecking out even though he seen it too he wanted to keep it!! and it was recording during the match! it just says failed in the listing!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

System.Overload I would imagine! Im sure it will be out on dvd before too long!

Now this isn't going to be popular but I don't think O'Gara had his finest performance tonight. However, that makes his drop goal even more special. He was under serious pressure and his conifdence had to have taken a bit of a battering earlier in the day. So massive kudos to the man for taking that on!

But we still have 42% available!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Great to have GOOD news making the 9oclock news for a change!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

fattestman wrote: »
    Now this isn't going to be popular but I don't think O'Gara had his finest performance tonight. However, that makes his drop goal even more special. He was under serious pressure and his conifdence had to have taken a bit of a battering earlier in the day. So massive kudos to the man for taking that on!

Jesus why bother say it then, enjoy the moment for us and them all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

I have no fingernails left...........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement