Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transmitting poorly - Belkin F5D7633-4Av.

Options
  • 17-03-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

I've been trying to play online games smoothly, however, in the last few weeks the wireless has been a pain the backside...and great massive lag, slow down in data retrieved.

Basically, the internet light on the router which usually is suppose to be SOLID GREEN, is now rapidly flashing green...which seems to be the issue of the router not sending the data correctly to my computer wirelessly. Browsing isn't a problem and is grand on two other laptops in the household.

:confused:Why is this happening only to my computer? What should I do? Help much appreciative. Thanks! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH bin it and replace with a decent brand modem.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Not what I'm looking for...any constructive answers out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TBH That is probably the same answer you will get from Dub45 and anyone in the know about Belkin wifi gear. Any of the linksys equipment is a good bet.

MC

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

TBH That is probably the same answer you will get from Dub45 and anyone in the know about Belkin wifi gear. Any of the linksys equipment is a good bet.

MC

I am the voice of authority on here:D

Belking have a pretty dire reputation with folks on here ok.

Can you tell us if you have tried anything to rememdy the situation.

Is you laptop in a different area of the house for example to the others where it might be picking up interference. have you tried changing the wirless channel to see if that improves things.

Is you laptop in a different area of the house for example to the others where it might be picking up interference. have you tried changing the wirless channel to see if that improves things.- dub45

Well first of all, I'm on a desktop, a Mac computer to be exact! However, I believe it hasn't got to do with my computer or any others. We've got an old filter for the phone line/modem and cables aint to great either, could these be any trouble?

It's just that I've never seen the internet light been so rapid, I mean like flashing 5 times a second or so.

We've had the router from day one...i think when we got BB back about 2000/2001. We have been with ESAT BT IRE since but with Eircom phone line. Could it also be possible that there is a fault with a line somewhere?

• Advertisement

Update.

Have been checking around with the brother for other models of routers but I'm still worried that It may not even be the router and it could be a fault with the phone line/bb line...

red_bairn wrote: »
    Update.

Have been checking around with the brother for other models of routers but I'm still worried that It may not even be the router and it could be a fault with the phone line/bb line...

Worrying is not going to get your problem fixed and apart from posting on here it appears that you have actually not done anything yet to solve your problem.

Asking us if it could be cables etc is not going to get you anywhere you have to do some digging around yourself.

First thing if you are worried about the line quality is get your line stats.

Downstream/Upstream

Data rate (Kbps)
    3072/384

Noise margin (dB)
    15.3 /17.0

Output power (dBm)
    11.4 /2.4

Attenuation (dB)
    35.0 /21.0

Your line stats are fine. Time to try some of the other suggestions made to you in the posts above.

dub45 wrote: »
    I am the voice of authority on here:D

Belking have a pretty dire reputation with folks on here ok.

Is you laptop in a different area of the house for example to the others where it might be picking up interference. have you tried changing the wirless channel to see if that improves things.

The desktop is setup in my bedroom which is approx 20-30metres away from router.

I have also changed back to an old channel (6) which fixed a loss/choke issue on one of the games I was playing the other night however, there are still fps problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement