Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublinarttattoo - Marco & Michele

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shadowmaker

I am looking to get a half sleeve in japanese style. Are these guys really the best around dublin?

One thing that I can't understand is how they can charge 150, considering when remis charges 100 and his work is superior, granted not in the same style..... When you are having a large piece done do the guys in Art tattoo offer reductions in their rate towards the end???

Dude it's amazing, the colours are so vibrant, I love the contrast betwen the black waves and the cherry blossoms.

I'm in more then safe hands I guess. I'll post some pics up once I get started. I'd say we'll only get the line work done Monday.

Would be interested in how you get on too and seeing some pic's as you get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I am looking to get a half sleeve in japanese style. Are these guys really the best around dublin?

One thing that I can't understand is how they can charge 150, considering when remis charges 100 and his work is superior, granted not in the same style..... When you are having a large piece done do the guys in Art tattoo offer reductions in their rate towards the end???

There are no laws/restrictions on what they can charge, so they are entitled to set the price that they deem right. End of the day, you vote with your wallet. If people think they are good enough that they are happy to pay that price, then fair play.

If you're considering them, go talk to them about what you want done, and they will be able to give you a price for it, so take it as a price for the piece, as opposed to a price per hour. If you're happy with that, then it should be all good.

There are no laws/restrictions on what they can charge, so they are entitled to set the price that they deem right. End of the day, you vote with your wallet. If people think they are good enough that they are happy to pay that price, then fair play.

If you're considering them, go talk to them about what you want done, and they will be able to give you a price for it, so take it as a price for the piece, as opposed to a price per hour. If you're happy with that, then it should be all good.

Yeah that is fair enough. Do you think they are the best for Japanese Style in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The work I've seen by them is certainly to a high standard, but I've not looked at all that much japanese stuff to say if they are the best or not to be brutally honest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jackonmsn

in my humble opininion they are hands down best for japanese in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I think yamamori do lovely stuff also :pac:

I'l get my coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SALMONDAVE2005

bats09 wrote: »
    Greetings folks,

I'm getting a quarter sleeve done maori/japanese hybrid incorprating a tattoo I already have. I'd like to know what are people's opinions of Marco in dublinarttattoo just above cafe Irie in temple bar?

He is doing a sketch for me and seemed very friendly and had good ideas with the sketch. Prob is, I don't see that much of his work on the website www.dublinarttattoo.com most of it seems to be Michele's which looks awesome. I spoke to Marco when first went in and he offered to do a sketch and said he would do the work, so I didn't refuse a sketch. Would it be better to ask Michele to do the work, or just hold out and see what Marco produces for the final sketch?

Any opinions, comments appreciated..

Thanks

Marco and Michele do excellent tattoo work.They ,well marco did my right sleeve with japanese art and it turned out great.I am very proud of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Im booked in for Wednesday. Pics will follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Podgerat

Anybody knows what that other fella called "Kit" is like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SALMONDAVE2005

Podgerat wrote: »
    Anybody knows what that other fella called "Kit" is like?

Kit is verygood..The dude has worked all over the world...Check out his portfolio.its incredible..Tell him I was askin for him.

Seems like he is only doing the smaller tats in that shop?
    Where did he work before he worked in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Finally finished mine.
    ..dublinarttattoo.com in the 'japanese and classic' section, My arm is the third one down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

And are you happy with it?

Podgerat wrote: »
    Seems like he is only doing the smaller tats in that shop?
    Where did he work before he worked in Dublin?

Got my Tattoo of Granuaile / Grace O'Malley done by Kit in Dublin Art Tattoo

Still not finished, but the last session is next week! Time will be about 3x2h in total.

I am very happy with this tattoo. Kit made his interpretation with some elements I told him/wanted and I instantly liked it. Kit is a nice guy and I will definitely go back to him!

Outlines after the first session(picture is taken a few hours after inking):

[URL=http://img6.imageshack.us/i/dsc07020x.jpg/][IMG][/img]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/7421/dsc07020x.th.jpg[/URL]

Shading and some colouring after the second session(few hrs after inking):

[URL=http://img43.imageshack.us/i/dsc07030x.jpg/][IMG][/img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4814/dsc07030x.th.jpg[/URL]

The hair is going to be in a redish colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bats09

Don't know if the mods will beat me for reviving old threat but...

Anyone know if Marco is still at DublinArtTattoo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

*readies the baseball bat*

No clue, why don't ya ring em and ask? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

Yeah Marco as far as Im aware is running the studio now. With Michelle running between Formina (his home town in Italy) and Dublin to cover his obligations here.

Advertisement