Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 Clonee-Kells Motorway construction updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Great pics. I should have taken a few around Kells today. Brought the dog for a walk on the new bypass, just off the end of the M3, north of the town. I'll remember the camera next time.

This is the view from the same spot as the last photo, but facing towards Bracetown...

...and a bit further north

• Advertisement

Last one of Bracetown...

On the M3 bridge looking south towards Dunshaughlin and the N3.

About 3KM north of Dunshaughlin...notice the "shimmy" on the central divide...must have been constructed on a Monday morning!

This and the next shot a few KM further north of Dunshaughlin...

and...

Now turning back south towards Dunshaughlin, this shot taken under a bridge, showing the shade cutting a 45 degree line across the sloping tiles...

Blinded by the shiny tarmac!

"Look! a U.F.O., just above the trees on the right hand side...oh,no, actually it's just the Dunshaughlin water tower"...

"No, you were right the first time, there it is!"

Finally, a closer look at the unidentified flying water tower!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

You'd swear you took those pictures in Andalucia! The fields are so yellow it almost looks like desert! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 baziragi

CUCINA, those pictures were brill. Fair play to you, i drive to Navan every evening and i wonder what is the progress like on the other side of the divide. I would like to know does anyone have any idea of the opening date??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭etchyed

What appears (to my untrained eye) to be the final layer is now down on the inbound stretch of M3 from the new overbridge to J4. Hopefully this means we'll see J4-J5 fully complete and open in both directions in the next couple of weeks.

Looking westbound from the J5 roundabout tonight, they seem to have started on the top layer there today as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

I'm told the road is to open on June 4th (Bank Holiday Weekend).
    Not long now...

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Joey Joe-Joe Jr

aidz wrote: »
    Not long now...

Woo, fingers crossed! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

aidz wrote: »
    Not long now...

Is that the whole stretch i.e. Clonee to Kells or will it be certain sections?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

M3 inbound from dunboyne turnoff to blanch now open with 2 lanes. no longer do you have to cross the central median onto the other side. only seen it in dark this morning so will see it later and get a better view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 paddymana

This Picture was taken about 2 miles south of Kells looking Southbound to Navan / Dublin

This Picture was taken on the Navan Bypass Section of the Motorway. Facing North to Junction 9 (Navan North Exit - N51 - Athboy Road)

• Advertisement

Aisling Group Int. Charity M3 Cycle: Special event

This is the sole event to take place on the yet unopened M3 motorway in advance of its forthcoming opening.

Date:
    Sunday, May 16, 2010
    Time:
    10:00am -
    HISTORICAL ONCE ONLY: Need you to help light up this motorway. All levels catered for plus elite. 14km, 55km, & te Paul Healion 100km(In memory of the late Paul Healion National Champion cyclist who tragically passed away last August 16th 2009. Info on www.m3cycle.ie goes live 31st March. Overseas welcome. Will be recorded so we need all regions, levels and countries represented. Major event bring your friends.
    Registration on line, at 'Aisling's' offices or by post.
    Please register well in advance.
    Email: m3cycle@gmail.com or telephone 046 9074300.
    or outside Ireland +353 469074300

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement