Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brawn GP diffuser design disputed

• 17-03-2009 2:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭

This could explain some of their unbelievable pace ;)
    Brawn GP is the third team whose diffuser design for its 2009 car has been questioned by F1 rivals including Renault's Flavio Briatore.

That is the suggestion of the Cologne newspaper Express, following Briatore's comments that the rear diffusers of three unnamed teams "do not conform to the regulation".

It is reported that Brackley based Brawn, who have astonished the formula one world with their test pace in the wake of Honda's withdrawal, has taken the controversial Williams and Toyota-like diffuser interpretation even further.

Express claims the BGP001 design effectively links the floor with the diffuser in a curved fashion, with the result of radically increased rear downforce.

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali on Saturday was quoted as dividing F1 teams into two camps: those (including Ferrari) who applied the 2009 rules "to the letter" and those who took "a different approach".

"The FIA has to dissipate any doubt; let's hope they'll do it fast and clear," the Italian added.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Flavio is mouthing about other teams!?one!!!eleventy!? No Wai!

And about a team way fast than his in testing looking for sponsorship? You can't be serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

amacachi wrote: »
    Flavio is mouthing about other teams!?one!!!eleventy!? No Wai!

And about a team way fast than his in testing looking for sponsorship? You can't be serious!

It is NOT only Flavio
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

All I can say is... jealousy is a terrible thing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Anyone remember mass dampers? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Those were the days....

brabham-bt46b01.jpg

• Advertisement

All I can say is... jealousy is a terrible thing ;)

You are right
    I remember Melbourne 2007 when the Jealous McLaren reported Ferrari over the floor design :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Scober11

Right i'm going to start a no slagging Mclaren (which justs happens to be the best team in the world imo) thread but then again i might be the only poster in there:o

Anyway who listens to Flavio these days he just constantly moans!

Scober11 wrote: »
    Right i'm going to start a no slagging Mclaren (which justs happens to be the best team in the world imo) thread but then again i might be the only poster in there:o

Anyway who listens to Flavio these days he just constantly moans!

If they are the best team in the world.!
    When and home Constructers championships have they won?? :confused:

Or has it been so long since that it would be hard to remember :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Melbourne Scrutinering will tell. All the dimension, profiles, etc are checked and a decision will be made....... OOOhh spooky

It's not about jealousy but adhering to the rules and being aware of the limits, with any legal document, clear and easily defined dimensions are necessary to stop the cheating, and there is no other word for it.

Flexible floors were outside of the rules. The additional brake pedal whilst within the technical rules not within the spirit and clearly not defined within the regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvEv&id=11501233

Raikkonen, K 7/2 Piquet, N 200/1
    Alonso, F 9/2 Sutil, A 200/1
    Hamilton, L 9/2 Kovalainen, H 40/1 Fisichella, G 200/1
    Massa, F 5/1 Webber, M 66/1 Bourdais, S 250/1
    Button, J 5/1 Trulli, J 80/1 Buemi, S 300/1
    Kubica, R 6/1 Glock, T 80/1 Nakajima, K 500/1
    Barrichello, R 12/1
    Vettel, S 16/1 Rosberg, N 150/1
    Heidfeld, N 25/1

I was wondering what Button was doing at 5/1 (same as massa), I thought it was a typo

• Advertisement
Advertisement