Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another one of those "which phone" threads.

• 17-03-2009 2:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I'm in need of some advice.
    I've been thinking of getting a better phone for a while now, so basically I'd need something that has:
    • HSPDA/3G
    • An ok camera, don't need anything special but would hate to have something really bad.
    • Wifi
    • A touch screen, if possible.
    • And if it's not too much of a stretch, the ability to install decent applications.

Was thinking of an iPhone for a while but they seem a bit over-priced, LG Renoirs seem to be ok except the touch screen is apparently a bit dodgy?

And preferably not locked to a network that's not Meteor if that comes into the equation, but unlocking won't be that much of a problem to me in alot of cases.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

nokia 5800 fits all the above, I just dunno what to think of the price. There's such a big difference between what o2 and vodafone are charging for it I cant figure out the ballpark figure that Meteor will start charging for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

nokia 5800. I just got the chance to play with one for a while there today, and they are very impressive, i had concerns over the UI but it's actually very intuitive, and takes about 2 minutes to get used to. The video playback is quite impressive, and so is the music. Web browsing was a joy, youtube in all its glory on a phone had me blown away. Tons of apps being released for it. Seems to fit the bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

An N95 is a very good option. It has all the things you want and more apart from the (possible touch screen)

Their is plenty of them around if you wanted to get a nearly new one for a very good price.

You might also like the Nokia 5800. Quite a popular phone at the moment. And it also has all the specs you require including the touch screen.

5800 specs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Thanks for that.
    How does the 5800 compare to an iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Adro947 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    How does the 5800 compare to an iPhone?

5800 beats it in many ways.

Better camera and a flash
    Smaller in size and weights less
    Longer lasting battery
    Better screen resolution although slightly smaller on the 5800. 3.5" versus 3.2"
    The price is a lot cheaper
    Memory options are more flexible due to it taking cards.

Their is probably one or two other things i am forgetting, but is this enough for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The 5800 has gps, a web browser that supports flash/java, (you cn watch youtube videos directly off the site).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Any good apps for streaming radio to it? Would be over wifi most of the time.

Advertisement