Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Something .....Need guidance

Options
  • 17-03-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know this sounds odd, but I have never been religious as my family have never been religious, but for the last number of years I feel not as such something missing, but a feeling .... I can't explain.

I have had a very difficult time lately and someone gave me the book 'Angels in my hair' and it eased my heart and I felt better. I was in a situation last week and I asked silently for help and guidance and advice and I got my answer. Now a lot of people might think it is coincidence - but I believe I was being guided.

Now a question... how do you look for something, when you don't know what it is. I believe that there is an after life, and I believe in guardian angels that we all have one and I believe that people come and go from our lives for a reason ... I believe in Kharma and I don't know why I believe I just do.

I know I'm not making sense, but is it spirituality, thanks for any help I might receive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I would define this as spirituality, from my understanding of what you have said. Signs can vary so much, there is no set sign, but angels can only interact with us when we ask (unless in emergency situations). A book that may be of interest to us is Doreen Virtue's Signs From Above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi MysticSoul,

I ordered that book and also ordered Eat, Pray,Love - so here's hoping it helps me to find what I'm looking for.

Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dont constantly look for signs everywhere. To be honest if you spend you time waiting for signs you tend to get a bit bonkers, cos you dont know whats a sign and whats just a normal occurance. When you do get em, they will stand out. Just trust your gut instincts. For instance, read the books you feel drawn to. Go to places and events that feel right. If something you study feels wrong, drop it. Your spiritual development may happen without you even realising. It will only be as you look back, over time, that you see yourself finding the thing that is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Indeed, Oryx.
    Carolinei, may I suggest that you ask (of no one in particular) for guidance then be as patient as you get on with everyday life.

There will be pointers to help you, but please allow them to come to you and avoid seizing on every wee bit of minutiae that comes along.

Question, then question some more - the real pointers will not go away.
    Search your inner being for confirmation, again allowing it to come. Then just trust, once you are satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Agree with the above two posters. Even asking for a sign that you will recognise. Sometimes we are so intent looking for a sign, we miss the ones that are right in front of us. Some of the signs are quite subtle - the signs are not always visual, trust your senses too. Best of luck on this new venture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carolinei

Hi all,

Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to spend my life 'looking for signs' - I just am looking for ... some sort of spiritual fulfillment.

I am happier now than I have been in a while, so I looking forward to getting those books.

Thanks for your help.

Rgds

Caroline

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You might try learning to meditate. Let your inner self give you the answers. Its a big part of any kind of spiritual development, listening to the quiet voice within.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dancing_d

I found the books written by Betty Shine had fantastic meditation exercises.

Also I have discovered how to condition myself to relax and be present in the moment i.e. on hearing a particular song (that I always listen to in the bath/ chilling out) - I now immediately relax even if I am stressed out/ at work etc. Try it it works! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Sandy2004

Try reading the celestine prophecies..

This is a wonderful spiritual book...

if you can relate to this book (alot of people find it a huge eye opener at the start of their spiritual journey!!)

it is about energy, karma, co-incidences, spirituality etc..

if you enjoyed angels in my hair (which is a brlliant book) you may like this one.. read it and make your own mind up...

I love spirituality because it is about one owns journey and your own inner knowingness.. whats right for you.. there are no set rules to follow...

L,L&B :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Many people feel this way, like something is missing, and it most certainly is. I couldn't possibly explain it, all I can say is read Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist. I can do no more justice to that book by talking about it, just read it! Here's an interview with the author, http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/mar/19/paulo-coelho-interview , he mentions guardian angels also. (btw about the jail reference, he was in jail for speaking out against his government, just to make sure I don't put you off the book!)

Also check out Joseph Campbell, there's a few vids on youtube, PM me if you want more info on him:
    BILL MOYERS: Do you ever have the sense of... being helped by hidden hands?
    JOSEPH CAMPBELL: All the time. It is miraculous. I even have a superstition that has grown on me as a result of invisible hands coming all the time - namely, that if you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭marlena

I highly recommend Deepak Chopra . A new earth.

You will find it at amazon or you can order it in Easons.

Kelly

http://www.seventhheavenhealing.com

Advertisement