Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing problem

• 17-03-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I've had this problem for a while now and I don't know how to go about fixing it, maybe someone here will have some suggestions.

Any time I try to install any programs, an error message appears saying that some other progam is installing at the moment, even though there isn't. Everything else on my laptop works fine, its just this one annoying thing.

I think it all started when my girlfriend gave me a copy of Norton to install on my laptop. Strasight away after installing it, the wireless modem on my laptop stopped working, it was like windows didn't even know it existed. I figured that it must have been Norton that caused the problem so uninstalled it straight away and then the problem started.

Any ideas what I can do? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

make sure norton is fully removed, it's harder than it seems to get that piece of **** removed!! dont know if it's still the case but there used to be a special removal tool for it on their own web site (says it all there really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Yep there is still a removal tool for Norton. Just do a google search for it. Another thing you can try is downloading a program called ccleaner (its free) and unser tools there is a startup section in it which show you all the programs that start with windows. Remove any of the norton stuff or symantec. Reboot the laptop and try again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 NollaigMD

I used that norton removal tool, and it fixed everyting!!:D Thanks a million for pointing me in the right direction, I really appreciate it :)

Advertisement