Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morbid fascination

Options
  • 17-03-2009 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Does everyone have one?mine is serial killers I'll watch any pseudo-documentary about them and read any book profiling them...I think it comes from the fact I think people are inherently good and they go against this in the most extreme manner.

So what's yours?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

1 Man 1 Jar.

Like....tell me its fake. Please. Someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

1 Man 1 Jar.

What's that about..please don't tell me it's the gender reversal of two girls one cup *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I call it my "morbid curiousity" but yeah, I watch stuff and read stuff like that too.
    Milky Moo wrote:
    *post*

Just don't watch it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Milky Moo wrote: »
    What's that about..please don't tell me it's the gender reversal of two girls one cup *shudder*

Well yeah, it's a sort of reserve....in that instead of something coming out, it's...going the other away. And its a jar, not a cup. And instead of 2 hot girls, it's a hairy man.

But yeah other then that pretty much the same thing.

The last time someone said that to me I was driven to find out what the pain olympics was :eek:

• Advertisement

What drives people to do these things!?and then record it and post it on the interweb?
    What did they do before the had this outlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have a morbid fascination with reading about Germany during WWII and currently Auschwitz.

I was in a hotel the other night and forgot to put it away and when I returned the book had a page with a tear in it. I think the cleaners are Polish.

Ooopps :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I like anything that involves death of large amounts of people in one place. eg 9/11, Jonestown, Columbine, Virginia Tech etc.
    1 Man 1 Jar.

I'm pretty sure it is? Looked fake to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Berty wrote: »
    I have a morbid fascination with reading about Germany during WWII and currently Auschwitz.

I was in a hotel the other night and forgot to put it away and when I returned the book had a page with a tear in it. I think the cleaners are Polish.

I once spent a few hours reading about the Nazi and Japanese Human Experimentation Camps on Wiki. Plus, my friend was doing their LC History project on the scientists/doctors of that time. So, yeah... it was pretty morbid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Man-eating animals, especially crocodiles. Totally freaks me out, but I always end up watching programmes about them if they're on TV.

• Advertisement

1 Man 1 Jar.

didn't sleep the night i seen that.. 4chan wins again :(

seriously, why would you put a jam jar where a jam jar don't fit.. and then have it break.!

edit: tone a bit low for this early..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Methods used to kill people and evaluating them in terms of efficiency, preparation needed, time taken etc

Drug such as heroin etc also spikes my interest.
    I don't know why but the lifestyle surrounding it seems so lonely and horrid. I can understand why people can be driven to it but I just wonder what they tell themselves when they first use,it's just this one time,I can handle it etc.
    With something like over 90% chance of never getting off the stuff you'd have to be telling yourself some damn convincing lies to think it won't suck you in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I'm also facinated by David Vetter (the Boy in the Bubble). First learned of him thru a song by Paul Simon and after much research have developed a strange sort of empathy to the kid. What a strange life to have to live!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Vetter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Big Wave

Well yeah, it's a sort of reserve....in that instead of something coming out, it's...going the other away. And its a jar, not a cup. And instead of 2 hot girls, it's a hairy man.

Why do you watch these things?

Big Wave wrote: »
    Why do you watch these things?

it's a learning process.. i now know to not do that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

At the moment, reading 'Atlas Shrugged'.

It's like reading a car crash.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

So what's yours?
    Just a bit of boring old necrophilia for me.

He also goes by the name of 'butt-boy michael' I believe. Strange man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

K4t wrote: »
    Just a bit of boring old necrophilia for me.

+1

..almost went to school for "mortuary sciences" but it fell through.
    Looking back now; that could have ended badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

ah well, if you can't have a sense of humour about it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭road_2_damascus

Since I first heard the rumours that American intelligence were involved in the video executions in Iraq, I started looking up the infamous beheadings online. Apparently in 2 of the videos, the 'terrorist' read out a statement in Islam, but didnt have the correct accent..I made the mistake of watching on as they beheaded the hostage. I couldne sleep right for a week affer seeing the execution of Eugene Armstrong, the American hostage taken in Iraq. I also saw the video of the execution of Russian soldiers in Chechnya, that had been removed from youtube, but is still on live feed which is particularly dreadful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Two wrongs don't make a right. They should be ashamed of themselves for what they have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

What drives people to do these things!?and then record it and post it on the interweb?
    What did they do before the had this outlet!

Sheep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

yep gotta be about smuggling drug's, people, how drugs are made, who made them first etc... Scam's etc, anything crime related. Bank robber's to brinks and mat job stuff like that...

red gangs bye tony thompson pretty eye opening, and his other book refer men which is cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Love anything bout serial killers,find myself watching documentries and correcting them if they get things wrong.Seriously some great books ive got out of the 2 euro shop.Also Crime Library great website tells you all the gory details.:D

For me the fascination comes more from the why they do it not the how,for some reason I always see serial killers as a more american phenomenon,probably because they have the most documented occurences of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

War victims is my one, Ive looked at some pretty horrible stuff on the net, but its also the whole psychology of it that gets me, i.e. what goes through a soldiers mind when theyve blown someone apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

C&W music:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

The boy in the bubble...i used to be fascinated by this and read anything I could find about him..

Anything about concentration camps too.

And Ill watch anything about prisoners "gone mental" or whatever those extra channels have on offer during the day

Advertisement