Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rise of the footsoldier music-house/rave?

• 17-03-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey gang hope yer all well i was watching rise of teh footsoldier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=551-QfYJymI

the music in it is unreal, from the rave seen inthe late 80's and the housey/dancey type (im not really good with knowing what music is from what genre!)

here's a sample of what was in teh movie, and absolute tune, i love it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3a8g1Uy190

my question is, can someone please name the music genre this is, and what albums i kood buy to get this music coming thru my hifi at home!!

thanks very much,
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evlis

Hey,

Great track that. Tis House music from the Acid House era....

To learn more go here

http://www.jungle.me.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3673.20

Five posts down from the top of the page is a three part documentary called Pump Up The Volume( I don't know how to get the links from google vid ), it's long clocking in at over three hours but well worth it. It's a fully comprehensive run down of the origins of this music from Disco in the 70's to Drum'n'Bass in the 90's and names alot of the biggest tracks from the time so have your pen and paper ready. There is also a house mix by one of the posters towards the bottom of the page which is well worth checking out if you are into this sort of jibber jabber.

Regarding CDs and the likes there is so many different types and styles your best bet would be to join a house music forum and ask the heads there that know thier stuff, the peoples at www.bodytonicmusic.com would have you covered.

Here is a mix of the type of old house music that I love, more into the breakier side of things myself, turn the bejaysusus up out of it give it a listen see what you think....

http://www.maddecent.libsyn.com/index.php?post_year=2008&post_month=07

It's the second one down, DIrtySOuthJoe TOLD NOT SOLD

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Amazing tunage and a brilliant film as well.:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

eurotrotter said: here's a sample of what was in teh movie, and absolute tune, i love it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3a8g1Uy190

(i done got the quote thing a lil messed up)

okay,from listening to that track,for about 3 seconds,i know exactly what kind of sound you are afte,and curious about.

Ill say straight off the bat,if you want more of that stuff in copious amounts go out and buy : Renaissance The Classics (go and get your mitts on parts one and two) Vol.one is three discs,so is volume two.

Vol.one will hit the spot though.

and its not hard to find it in generic music shops.From there,i would recommend sourcing out more of that music from the names you have picked up from that compilation,and no doubht you will find more lesser known house tunes which you'll love.

You mentioned what kind of genre it is? well,its predominatly house,as the name goes : The Acid House era.

oh,and agin,the acid house era was way before my time,so im just trying to piece together as much as i can about the era,and to be honest,dance music aint the same anymore.its still good,but the sounds arent as soulfull,imao.

jonny68 wrote: »
    Amazing tunage and a brilliant film as well.:cool::cool::cool:

My irony sensor is down. Joke?

If it's anything like Football Factory, Green Street and all those other flicks that glorify football violence, it's got to be utter utter crap, filled with the nasty rat like bloke, the guy struggling with his conscience, the joker, the narrator, the fights with the old bill and every sterotype you can think of. I don't think I could sit through that to catch the odd good tune tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

If it's anything like Football Factory, Green Street and all those other flicks that glorify football violence, it's got to be utter utter crap, filled with the nasty rat like bloke, the guy struggling with his conscience, the joker, the narrator, the fights with the old bill and every sterotype you can think of. I don't think I could sit through that to catch the odd good tune tbh.

wouldnt really be into films like that either,but its nice when you hear a snippet of music thrown into films and say "whats that artist?" or "whats the name of that track" and you end up hunting it down,like your life depends on it....

• Advertisement

Nah it's not all football hooliganism although there is a bit of it at the start but this guy was a hooligan before becoming a gangster, it's the best British gangster film ive ever seen and it's based on a true story as well which is always good,very violent though but the film and soundtrack is amazing,highly recommended.

Lukasz. wrote: »
    eurotrotter said: here's a sample of what was in teh movie, and absolute tune, i love it:

You mentioned what kind of genre it is? well,its predominatly house,as the name goes : The Acid House era.

oh,and agin,the acid house era was way before my time,so im just trying to piece together as much as i can about the era,and to be honest,dance music aint the same anymore.its still good,but the sounds arent as soulfull,imao.

If your looking for Acid House recommendations look no further,some of the best ever tunage was made around that era.:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nah it's not all football hooliganism although there is a bit of it at the start but this guy was a hooligan before becoming a gangster, it's the best British gangster film ive ever seen and it's based on a true story as well which is always good,very violent though but the film and soundtrack is amazing,highly recommended.

Yeah I enjoyed that film too, some mad fckers in it.

Nah it's not all football hooliganism

Ah, googled it, was thinking of some book/film by that Cas Pennant, this is the Rettendon Murder story that's been used in other films.

• Advertisement
Advertisement