Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Objection

• 17-03-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding objecting to a neighbours planning application. I live in a Cul De Sac of semidetached houses. This is a quiet area with both elderly people and lots of children. There has been lots of development in the area which I have no problem with however this neighbour is using the house to keep his staff (building firm) and already has numerous extensions. The house must be at least 3000sq foot already (originally about 1500). The concern here is 1) his staff are a danger to the children as there is a huge increase in traffic, 2) He has no concern for people with development as a nuisance and has been building already fo 4 years approx, 3) the suggested application is very strange and surely can't be accepted for a semi detached house.
    Below is the planning application:
    Proposal:
    Basement storage area for vintage cars under front garden with hydraulic scissors lift, which will be flush when not in use with reinstated garden and also a basement wine cellar is proposed under living room. Pedestrian access is by stairs from within dwelling. The proposed non habitable development is incidental to the enjoyment of the dwelling.

Anyone have advice how I can object to this: I live very near but am not an adjoining neighbour. Unfortunately the adjoining neighbours are very old, one in a nursing home and the other I believe would be too intiomidated to refuse though this is affecting the value and probably structural integrity of her house.

Any advice appreciated, Thanks for reading this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

work wrote: »

Note: This is in Dunlaoghaire Rathdown and below is the application Ref:
    Planning Application Reference: xxxxxxxx

Any advice appreciated, Thanks for reading this

Can't help you on the planning questions you raise, but I would advise that the applicant is readily identifiable from the planning reference you quote - you should be extremely careful about any statements you make regarding him in a public forum such as this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You need to speak to a planning consultant/architect/AT to put together your observations/submission on the planning application. This must be done within 5 weeks of the valid planning application having been made with the LA. If the LA does grant planning permission you can then appeal to An Bord Pleanala.

Take note of what Gizmo555 has said, the planning reference has no bearing on any advice you might get here, as the advice is generic and can apply to any planning application.

Advertisement