Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Skills course - Wicklo

Options
  • 17-03-2009 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

My boyfriend is interested in doing a Mountain Skills course in Wicklow. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ronan Mullen at http://www.adventure.ie/htm/mountainskills.htm

Aaron Byrne at http://www.mountainventures.ie/training.php

Ronan is based in Roundwood, and Aaron in the Youth Hostel at Ballinclea near Donard, i.e the other side of the Wicklow Mountains to Roundwood.

I've not done a course with either myself, but know people who have, and I know both people personally. Both of them are active in the Glen of Immal Mountain Rescue Team, so really know their stuff inside out.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭J-B

great thanks a mill for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Outdoor Mad

Irish Adventures have Mountain skills courses in wicklow, see their website i would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I can recommed Bren Whelan - www.mountaintraining.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

And I'll happily recommend Nathan Kingerlee in Outdoors Ireland....

See him up in Wicklow running courses every couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 ahaskmearse

Try Christy Stacey from walkinghikingireland.com also active member of Glen Of Imaal Mountain rescue

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

testicle wrote: »

I emailed Bren Whelan for information and in fairness to him it took him about 5 minutes to reply with the information I needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

testicle wrote: »

Booked my place on his course thanks to your recommendation

Advertisement