Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossing over O'Connell St. - Parade

Options
  • 17-03-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

I need to get over to the Savoy Cinema side of O'Connell St. later on (while the parade will be on). How do I get over? Where do I walk to in order to get across?!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

If you have legs, walk. If you're in a wheelchair, wheel.

Also remember to wait for the green man kido.

*pats your head*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Naos wrote: »
    If you have legs, walk. If you're in a wheelchair, wheel.

Also remember to wait for the green man kido.

*pats your head*

Funny. But c'mon, ya can't just walk over while the parade is on, the Guards don't let ya. Anyone got non-condescending help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Pfft, just walk across when you see a gap.

This isn't a problem. Last October we had a girl in work late as she was struggling to cross O'Connell St when the Dublin marathon was on
    You can stroll across OP, try doing that with over 5,000 runners!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Go around the parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

There are two crossing points - either side of O'Connell bridge - big signs marking them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭steo87

Ah sound so, cheers everyone. Especially Naos...you Sir are a saviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Dress up in some colourful clothes..pretend you're part of the parade and..shuffle across.

you're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

If you're coming from the southside, go to College green (stand outside Trinity), follow the barriers to O'connell Street, you'll be on the Savoy side

If you want to avoid people at the barriers go down Dawson street from stevens green, onto pearce street (skirting Trinity) go straight down to the liffy and cross the footbridge, go through the IFSC onto amiens Street, down talbot street, north earl street and onto O'connel street savoy side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

just cross its easyyyyyy dude

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Ring in sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I think the OP has his answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement