Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Count to a Million Thread

Options
  • 17-03-2009 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

The Count to a Million Thread hit its first big milestone last night, 50,000.

is there any way this could be made a Post of the Day or Thread of the Day.

cheers

Q-M
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i doubt it.

Its a stupid thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

..not if javaboy starts posting in it.

please say the post was "50k GET"

gonna go check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

snyper wrote: »
    i doubt it.

Its a stupid thread.

As if half the threads on boards aren't stupid already. :p:p

Well at least they are trying to do something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

queen-mise wrote: »
    As if half the threads on boards aren't stupid already. :p:p

Well at least they are trying to do something.
    Yes. Its called "polluting the internet further with retardism".

A noble cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

snyper wrote: »
    ..not if javaboy starts posting in it.

Ouch! :o

I actually did post in it a couple of times. I'm not sure why.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

javaboy wrote: »
    Ouch! :o

Me too. Your post count doesn't even plus plus.

Crash wrote: »
    Yes. Its called "polluting the internet further with retardism".

A noble cause.

Do I scent a hint of condescension from Crash.

The CTAM thread proves that the Irish School system succeeds and contributes to the further improvement of the human species.

PS: please don't question how...

• Advertisement

:confused:
    n isn't a number.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I fully support this product / service.:)

Actually, move it to AH and it'd be over and done with in a month.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The CTAM thread proves that the Irish School system succeeds and contributes to the further improvement of the human species.
    n isn't a number.

Oh dear

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

n isn't a number.
    I agree, they should've used 'i'.
    Whilst imaginary, it's still closer to an number than 'n'.

Steve wrote: »
    I agree, they should've used 'i'.
    Whilst imaginary, it's still closer to an number than 'n'.

Nah. Rootin's for squares.
    That idea gets a -1 from me.

it would have been a lot quicker going to a million though if it had been done in prime nos.

The joy of hindsight

Counting kitty aproves of this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

javaboy wrote: »

Good as reason as any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

it would have been a lot quicker going to a million though if it had been done in prime nos.

The joy of hindsight
    Except 1 million isn't prime, so if you were counting in just primes, you'd never get there

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What a retarded thread. Seriously anyone who actively participates should really take a break form a computer and get outside and enjoy what the world has to offer. My first recommendation would be some form of actual human interaction.

Seriously why boards encourages this continued type of behavior is beyond me.

Raphael wrote: »
    Except 1 million isn't prime, so if you were counting in just primes, you'd never get there

So very very true, but we would get in the region of it a lot quicker.:D:D
    Zascar wrote: »
    What a retarded thread. Seriously anyone who actively participates should really take a break form a computer and get outside and enjoy what the world has to offer. My first recommendation would be some form of actual human interaction.

I love the logic of these messages - a person on a computer telling people to take a break from a computer.

I am not going to defend the thread, I thought it was worth noting.

Oh, the..
    ist2_2710871-ironing-incl-jpeg%5B1%5D.jpg

/sorry.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I love the logic of these messages - a person on a computer telling people to take a break from a computer.
    I see your point but I think its a bit pedantic. I have about 3k posts over a period of about 8 years. I usually looks at boards for a short time most days in work or at home. I post actively in forums which I have an interest in, hobbies etc - and try to do my best to contribute positively to the discussion in hand. I just think its sad to see people with thousands of posts in a very short period of time obviously wasting a lot of their time with useless comments and threads like the count to a million one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Steve wrote: »
    I fully support this product / service.:)

Actually, move it to AH and it'd be over and done with in a month.. ;)

I'd give it about 5 minutes before it would be locked.

I see your point but I think its a bit pedantic. I have about 3k posts over a period of about 8 years. I usually looks at boards for a short time most days in work or at home. I post actively in forums which I have an interest in, hobbies etc - and try to do my best to contribute positively to the discussion in hand. I just think its sad to see people with thousands of posts in a very short period of time obviously wasting a lot of their time with useless comments and threads like the count to a million one.
    Purple monkey dishwasher...

Thanks for illustrating my point perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

whatever....:mad:..im only on boards for just over a month and any friends ive made so far are all in the count.if you think its retarded why bother looking into any thread that has anything to do with it....going on boards is a break from my real life and i would rather post in light hearted threads than anything heavy and if that makes me retarded well so what....get over yourself......:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Looks like someone hasn't had a happy St.Patricks Day, take it to PI Zascar.

Advertisement