Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an easy tattoo?

Options
  • 17-03-2009 2:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, well i'll be a daddy in a few months and of course want to get some ink to remember it(because it's easily forgotten ;) ) This is along the lines of what i am going to get
    Baby_Footprints_large.JPG?1201299926

Basically i want to know is, would it be hard for any tattoo artist to get the footprints perfect? I will have a copy of them from the hospital and will want it done 100% like it is on the sheet i will bring in with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

In my estimation it would be fairly hard to get a realistic footprint tattoo, not just any artist could do it. Take a look at the artists portfolio sticky and check for someone with good black and grey work, Jerson should be in Snakebite during the year. Maybe look at his portfolio, though he only does guest slots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Ok cheers, i want it done as close to the one above as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

John in Inkwell would definitely be someone to check out for that kind of detailed work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Only thing i will say about that tattoo is, even though it is awesome now the line work will fade and blur over the years especially over the first letters. and the footprints at a guess will smudge over time also due to the tiny gaps between the ink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 queen of hearts

mark in inkwell has something similar on his portfolio on their site;http://www.inkwelltattoo.net/site/folios/mark/album/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I see nothing in his portfolio similar to the above...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sgsavvy

i don't get it, why would it fade over the years?clear.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Sweenox

Man no reason why ya cant get that done,BUT! get it done off an artist that will suit it,and that will suit that style(loadsa links here) but cool idea I must say (first I ever saw of it) Slap up some pics if ya get it done dude

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Will wrote: »
    I see nothing in his portfolio similar to the above...

Look harder, Will. It's in there. :)

Cant see it in the portfolio either, the only thing i can see is the handprint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Well melion, it's a beautiful idea. I'm not usually a fan of this kinda stuff, but it's a gorgeous idea.

I would suggest taking a copy of this image and having a wander around a couple of studios and talking to a couple of the artists. That way you can get a feel for their kinda style. I would think a really good portrait tattooist would be a good way to roll with this one.

The reason i asked is because a mate of mine is a tattoo artist. He has done a piece on my back and im waiting to get cash together for him to do a piece on my thigh. The only thing is, he has only recently started tattooing fulltime after finishing his apprenticeship. Some of his work so far is amazing but would someone inexperienced(i dont think thats the right word) be able to do a good job of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Yeah, that's a tricky one to get out of alright.

It's up to you. Do you have enough confidence in him to do the piece the way you want it? It seems like a pretty important piece to you. If you have ANY doubts, I would go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Melion wrote: »
    The reason i asked is because a mate of mine is a tattoo artist. He has done a piece on my back and im waiting to get cash together for him to do a piece on my thigh. The only thing is, he has only recently started tattooing fulltime after finishing his apprenticeship. Some of his work so far is amazing but would someone inexperienced(i dont think thats the right word) be able to do a good job of it?

It really just depends on how skilled they are, Is he good with subtlety, or is it mostly bold stuff he's done?

So its getting close to the day now and i was in talking to the tattooist today. I thought something like this would be nice
    tyler.jpg

But i cant decide between the blocks and the footprint. He came up with the idea of possibly having 2 or 3 footprints "walking" towards the building blocks. Would something like that look ok or would there just be too much in it?
    It would be on my thigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I was just going to suggest both.
    I think anything can look great as long as long as it's done right.
    If you could get a sketch of him and show us, it would be cool.
    It's up to you in the end, but i like the idea of both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

personally id prefer just the simple footprint, but thats just me. if you're worried about fading and stuff you could just get an outline done rather than the detailed footprint but i think its a really beautiful idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

In my own opinion I prefer the building blocks to the footprints, simply because the building blocks is more of a tattoo in itself to my eyes, where as the footprints are clearly more of a tribute than a tattoo.
    As for the mixing of the 2 ideas, I wouldn't, as I think it might look a bit of a mixed bag but as mentioned above, it all depends how its done. I just think you may be trying to cram too much in where just the blocks (or some other childs toy, possibly something from your own childhood, lego et al) would suffice.

Advertisement