Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys Day Parade - Wot a load of arse!

Options
  • 17-03-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

IMO as bad as last year!

Feel sorry for the people that trekked into town to
    see it.

Any other opinions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Max001 wrote: »
    IMO as bad as last year!

see it.

Any other opinions ?

ROFL!!!! As Homer would say DOH!!!!

Have you learned your lesson yet?

T

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

tommmy1979 wrote: »
    ROFL!!!! As Homer would say DOH!!!!

Have you learned your lesson yet?

T

Fair point. Can be a bit slow on the uptake at times. I honestly thought last years atrocity was an abberration. My innocence has been snatched away in the jaws of a twenty foot tall, bulging, inflatable dragon. (But enuff of Mary Harney!) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

i shook the hands with the astronaut? who is he anyway, he was cute even tho he was around 50 :o:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I liked it! It wasn't anything spectacular but there was a great atmosphere around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The hungarian lad with the whip, sword, pick axe yoke and handlebar moustache dressed in traditonal garb was the highlight!

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    The hungarian lad with the whip, sword, pick axe yoke and handlebar moustache dressed in traditonal garb was the highlight!

Yes, I could hear women around me catching their breath, with a frisson
    of S&M in the air :D

What was with the white guy walking with the Cameroonian women? He looked terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

IMO as bad as last year!

see it.

Any other opinions ?

My 2 and 5 year olds thought it was awesome. Anybody over 12 shouldn't be expecting much from it, to be fair...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    My 2 and 5 year olds thought it was awesome. Anybody over 12 shouldn't be expecting much from it, to be fair...

ya thats true. Its only really for kids. Also i didn't think they would have much anyway cuz it is a recession and all so less cash to throw around for making floats and other cool stuff to put in the parade. They said on redfm that 670,000 went to the parade in the dublin. Thats a massive amount of people! Its like half the population of dublin nearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I didnt go myself but i heard that it was quite good,well compared to the last two or three years. The fact it was so sunny and so many turned out probably added a lot to the atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

It was an improvement on the last few years (Which wouldn't be hard). There was some sort of theme to it at least, (Astronomy), it was colourful, and the sunshine had most people in good humour and so atmosphere was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I thought it was fun. Great weather, great atmosphere about the place and a decent parade. Let's not kid ourselves, as Mr Bloat said already, if you're over 12 the Cork City Paddy's day parade isn't exactly going to bowl you over. It was a fun day in the city though to be fair.
    When you think about what a rich and varied community Cork is
    and contrast that with an inflatible dragon, a manky robot and
    kids bouncing basket balls, how representative was it? A few
    percent worth? (just maybe)

That's one thing I thought the parade did well. Loads of communities including Indian, Bulgarian, Polish, Chinese etc. were represented in the parade. Some better than others but I think the notion of a "rich and varied community Cork" was displayed well.

The dragon and the robot were cool btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Kids liked it. Weather was good. Whats to complain about?

Its the Cork parade - not the New York one!

Ass-tronomy would've been more interesting and for the record,
    if memory serves, the 'theme' was Cosmic Chaos and how many
    of the participants even paid lip service to that? Very few!

When you think about what a rich and varied community Cork is
    and contrast that with an inflatible dragon, a manky robot and
    kids bouncing basket balls, how representative was it? A few
    percent worth? (just maybe)

Cork people have a big chip on their shoulder about this town, but when it comes down to it, how many will extract the digit, to make the parade something worthy of representing Ireland and Cork - hardly anyone AND OBVIOUSLY NOT THE RETARDS WHO ORGANISED IT!

You sound like you know how its done, I think you should organise it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

You sound like you know how its done, I think you should organise it next year.

Got there before me!!!!:D

Max, why complain?? Get on the commitee and do something about it, or stop complaining. And, if the kids enjoyed it that's all that matters.

I was there with a friend and her brother was convinced it was the best parade he could remember. He's eight, and was very excited. I think that's what matters.

I was there with a friend and her brother was convinced it was the best parade he could remember. He's eight, and was very excited. I think that's what matters.

Oh well then, if an eight year old says it was the best he could remember,
    thats alright then! Eight year old boys get excited if the cat pees on the carpet!

So far as I know its public servants who organise the affair and you'd have as much chance of getting them to extract the digit, as you would persuading Harney to diet for Africa!

Oh well then, if an eight year old says it was the best he could remember,
    thats alright then! Eight year old boys get excited if the cat pees on the carpet!

But the parade is aimed towards children.

But the parade is aimed towards children.

K, fair point, didn't know that and never heard it said before, by anyone, ever.

Well now you know.

• Advertisement

Well now you know.

Well, I heard you say it when your gums flapped, but do I know it as a fact, not really. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Well, I heard you say it when your gums flapped, but do I know it as a fact, not really. :rolleyes:

Giant Robot of Death. I am sure that is Aimed at Adult's. It is aimed at children FACT. The people who actually plan the Parade are mostly volunteers so stop flapping your lips and/or volunteer. You expressed your Disappointment, but what are you going to do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Gums flapped?thats a new one on me!lol. Well i'll be investing in a mr.potato costume shortly,maybe next paddys day it may come in handy again!

Advertisement