Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit a friend

• 17-03-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone knows about this, but I think it changed since I last looked at it.

I'm currently awaitng a GM to confirm this, but according to the site this is what will happen.

On Outland I have a mage currently sitting level 25. I've an old wow friend looking to come back, he has no account, so I say, ok man recruit a friend job. He levels rather fast, and feels he can get 1-60 playing friday, saturday sunday. ( he literally binges on wow).

So I go read about RAF, and this is what is happening.

I am linking my account to his for RAF.
    He gets a ten day trial, straight away upgrades to full 2 month subs.
    I create a new lock, he creates his hunter.
    In a party together we gain triple xp, and can summon each other , to each other.
    For every two levels he gains, he can grant a level to ANY CHARACTER ON MY ACCOUNT.

So the idea is, me and him are going to level away in that triple xp party, my new lock and his hunter, to level 60.

During spare times I have to get my mage from 25-30.

When we ding 60 wit locks and hunters, ( should not take long) he can then grant, my idle mage, 30 levels brining him straight to 60.

So at this point, just from bringing an old friend back.

I get a lock to 60, my mage to 60 and a zebra mount, and 60 days free gaming.

Thats ****ign awesome and ridic at the same time. I've checked and double checked, you can get your triple xp with your friend of a new character, and grant the levels to a completely different character.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Best part is you can cut your friend out all together and do it yourself

Mutli box :D

You can get 3 Toons to 60 in a matter of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Few in my guilds are doign this now, as long as you stay within 4 levels of each other its all good, in 13 hours they have gone from 0 -40 including picking up fp's and leveling profs. And without giveing each other any levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

getting to 60 is not a problem, who cares how long it takes?

you've still got a week or two to go til 80 from 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Um, this is exactly how it has always been.

A friend of mine levelled a few characters with someone and he got granted levels on all his characters he leveled in spare time, so he has every class at 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

DRakE wrote: »
    getting to 60 is not a problem, who cares how long it takes?

you've still got a week or two three months to go til 80 from 60

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

A week or two? Lol if his mate binges on wow for friday saturday sunday then he will be 80 much faster lol. People did it in 27 hours at launch remember?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

spose

3 1/2 hours played, just bout to ding 19, that was some slack with lock quests and getting profs

Not bad, its very fun levelling with a friend, and you dont even notice when you ding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

ye its pretty sweet alright, you can hit 60 in under a day played.

Very worth doing if you can get someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

magicianz wrote: »
    Robots did it in 27 hours at launch remember?

Fixed. Nobody who did that was human.

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    ye its pretty sweet alright, you can hit 60 in under a day played.

Very worth doing if you can get someone.

Yeah but the actualy social aspect is great too, I've rarely levelled with someone constantly, this encourages us to play at the same time and do the smae things.

The hunter lock combo is bursting through groups of mobs, and we are getting XP like crazy.

This is also encouraging me to look into multiboxing, finally

• Advertisement

Started at 8:30pm at level 19

Current 12:47, now 75% through level 28

This is so ridic, cant believe i have not used this before with friends.

Quick question.

We were considering, at hitting level 60, to grab some Tier sets for the laugh, but maybe also for use.

Bother our arse or just skip it?

I'm assuming drop rates are pretty decent off them?

Also if anyone is interested in grabbing their old instance achievements, hit us up, furyio or illida, and we can join you for the laughs :)

We are hoping to hit bout 40-45 tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The old tier sets are quite **** tbh and the stats all over the place, would be best to hit 58 asap and then spam outland for the better gear, oly problem is one you hit outland you have to put up with the plethora of retarded DK's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Leave the old tier sets till your lvl80. Can be fun going back and doing the old instances for the old sets, if for no reason other then to have them. Thats my plan anyway. (yes, i'm playing again :o)

Kiith wrote: »
    Leave the old tier sets till your lvl80. Can be fun going back and doing the old instances for the old sets, if for no reason other then to have them. Thats my plan anyway. (yes, i'm playing again :o)

Thats exactly the plan, go back and do all those instance sI never did or havnt done on this char, and get all the tier sets i never had :0

Although probably best to hit 80 first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

yea done this raf with a mate on saturday got to lvl 20 in 8hrs... doing profs and rfc... was warrior/shammie combo, not great combo tbh lol

i recruited him and i got the epic mount np's but do i get to grant levls or only him?

Well start of last week we got our Warlock and Hunter to 58, then granted levels to my mage

So lock,mage,hunter to 58 in 20 hours played, not bad.

Today started Druid and Warrior.

Anyone with any good build advice fro druids, let me know.

Obviously will be question with a warrior the whole time, so i can really focus on serious DPS.

So I guess its between balance of like feral right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well start of last week we got our Warlock and Hunter to 58, then granted levels to my mage

So lock,mage,hunter to 58 in 20 hours played, not bad.

Today started Druid and Warrior.

Anyone with any good build advice fro druids, let me know.

Obviously will be question with a warrior the whole time, so i can really focus on serious DPS.

So I guess its between balance of like feral right?

Imo spec feral because the downtime as balance is very long in comparison.

If anyone has alts they wish to instance, feel free to msg me on here or the server.

64 lock
    50 mage
    30 druid
    35 paladin
    20 shaman

Most of these will be around 50 odd id say sooner rather then later, so be quick. I know its a pain to get groups low level, so theres me and a friend...anyone interested let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would love to Recruit a Friend to WoW but it seems none of my friends want to play it >.<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thats pretty cool, been trying to get a few mates to try wow but nothing so I gotta go it alone lol!

Advertisement