Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of Meteor!!

• 17-03-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    I've completely had enough of Meteor and their crappy crappy customer service.

It has taken well over a hour of phone calls to them to sort out changing a tariff plan and the resulting problems.

Last Week:
    • Rang up to change plan on the date advised to me a few weeks earlier (5 mins)
    • Notice the plan hasn't changed when it was supposed to. Ring back up and told there is a technical problem with my account and it'll be fixed by 6pm (20mins)
    • Still not changed the next day so ring back up (20mins)

This week:
    • Get my bill in the post this week to notice it's completely messed up and charging me some random amount and still saying I'm on the Talk 300 package
    • Ring up customer care to talk to a baffled lady who didn't know what was up and told to ring back today (18mins)
    • Rang back there a few mins ago (22 mins) and it went like this:

I had to explain to the care agent how the bills work when he's trying to tell me I have to pay for the Talk 300 package this month when I'm only getting the Talk 60 minutes, then he tries to tell me the bill just says this, then he tells me I have to pay the Talk 200 price for some reason though I've never been on this plan. He says "this is wrecking my head" (em how do you think I feel?!). Eventually after many holds he tells me there was an error indeed (oh really?) and I won't get the money back until I leave the network, but this is not to say they're encouraging me to leave. :rolleyes: How can this be right or even legal them going to take money that they're not owed and hold onto it for at least 5 months (as that's what's left on my contract now)??

I'm so sick of Meteor's incompetence. It's like they haven't got a clue. Have had so much trouble with them since going on bill. Overcharging while roaming that was never fully rectified, double billing me one month and not able to give the cash back when I needed but instead pay for my next bill, etc, etc.

Did you ask to speak to a manager/supervisor at all?

My experience is once you go a bit higher problems get sorted out very quickly indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm so sick of Meteor's incompetence. It's like they haven't got a clue. Have had so much trouble with them since going on bill. Overcharging while roaming that was never fully rectified, double billing me one month and not able to give the cash back when I needed but instead pay for my next bill, etc, etc.

I must admit, I really haven't had much trouble with Meteor, and I'm with them probably 18 months now.

However, I agree their customer service is somewhat lacking. Courteous, professional, yes, knowledgeable? Not a hope. They can read off a script and as long as you don't ask anything that deviates from the norm, you will be fine.

Recently, I rang customer support about data roaming while abroad and was told not to use it, it's too expensive (yes, by Meteor themselves). Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Al O'Peica wrote: »
    I must admit, I really haven't had much trouble with Meteor, and I'm with them probably 18 months now.

However, I agree their customer service is somewhat lacking. Courteous, professional, yes, knowledgeable? Not a hope. They can read off a script and as long as you don't ask anything that deviates from the norm, you will be fine.

Recently, I rang customer support about data roaming while abroad and was told not to use it, it's too expensive (yes, by Meteor themselves). Unreal.

Roaming rates are set by the EU, and the operators abroad. It is expensive. Its 1c per kilobyte, or about 30quid for a song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Maybe after 15 years in this country I'm (still) too German, but Meteor to me are a joke. If they didn't exist someone would have to make them up! The whole experience is as if someone read about telecoms and customer service for half an hour and then proceded to set up the company without any further consideration! And they are rude as f+ck!!! Even their automated voices exude rude, cocky disregard for humanity!!!!
    Signing up with them is one thing. Staying with them is like allowing them to stick a kick-me sign to your back, your car, your frontdoor...

Take all under-18 Supermacs staff and send them to the UK to run the NHS...that's a bit like Meteor.

Oh, I shut up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

strecker wrote: »
    Maybe after 15 years in this country I'm (still) too German, but Meteor to me are a joke. If they didn't exist someone would have to make them up! And they are rude as f+ck!!! Even their automated voices exude rude, cocky disregard for humanity!!!!
    Signing up with them is one thing. Staying with them is like allowing them to stick a kick-me sign to your back, your car, your frontdoor...

Oh, I shut up now.

So tempting to say something but I'll only get myself in trouble!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mathew wrote: »
    Did you ask to speak to a manager/supervisor at all?

My experience is once you go a bit higher problems get sorted out very quickly indeed.

That's been my experience too. I've had my share off issues caused by incompetence but as long as I keep in mind that the agent doesn't know anything I'm ok.

When I call I try to know exactly what I want and what they need to do to give it to me. And if it's something important I'll call two or three times to be sure. And if I still don't believe them I'll post here to confirm :D What makes it acceptable to me is that if something goes wrong they will generally try to sort it out and they are capable of breaking away from their script if the situation warrants it and there are at least some people in that office who know how to sort out problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

O.P. If your still having trouble go into a meteor shop and see if they can sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

O.P. If your still having trouble go into a meteor shop and see if they can sort it out.
    Id say thats the worst thing you could do. The majority of store reps are only concerned with commission and have limited knowledge / patience when it comes to solving problems or providing customer service. There are exceptions of course.

If you have a problem call customer care. If you think the person you are speaking to is incompetent and doesnt understand the problem then ask to speak to a supervisor / manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    Id say thats the worst thing you could do. The majority of store reps are only concerned with commission and have limited knowledge / patience when it comes to solving problems or providing customer service. There are exceptions of course.

If you have a problem call customer care. If you think the person you are speaking to is incompetent and doesnt understand the problem then ask to speak to a supervisor / manager.

This is true. Going into a shop can only complicate things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Are they nothing to do with each other? Like all the person in the shop could do is ring customer care too?
    Your able to change call plan in the shop so they can tell you exactly whats going on without putting you on hold.
    7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    I never had trouble with meteor reps and found them helpful if i ever had trouble with my phone.

Advertisement