Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c# app question

Options
  • 17-03-2009 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I'm doing an application that's made to work on a tablet pc, for children to learn handwriting. I want to have a screen with an animation after the child completes a series of letters and they've touched the finished button. On the screen I just want to have a little animation. But I'm very unsure as to how to implement this. I have been looking at source code of something called herbiwriter, but the animation in this consists of two files, the animation is just switching from on to the other. and back to the first one again. In this these files are .dat files, and a load of jibberish inside them, but they're meant to represent these little pictures. I don't know if the code i have is ok though, because I actually get an error when I try to build it. so maybe that jibberish isn't really meant to be there.

I could make the animation into a series of bitmaps (?) but I can only see a way of putting them in by placing a picture box on my form, and surely that's not going to hold up to three bmps? Sorry for the long explanation but I'm very unsure of what to do. I thought maybe I'd have to make the animation then somehow convert it to a binary file (because the source code uses a binaryreader object and places the picture in an Ink area I think) but I don't know how to do that. But then I could be completely wrong.

Any help appreciated...please!

Comments

Advertisement