Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford city comic fans

Options
  • 17-03-2009 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi, I'm new to these boards. Just wondering if there is anyone from Waterford City into comics? I've collected various comics over the years (mainly the usual mainstream things like 2000AD), and I'm from Waterford, but have never met anyone into similar interests. I've set up a blog for anyone interested. The address is: http://waterfordcomicgames.blogspot.com
    I've tried using myspace and yahoo groups to find like minded people but to no avail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Hi, I'm new to these boards. Just wondering if there is anyone from Waterford City into comics?

have you been into the Comix stop comic shop on the quays? Declan who owns the place is super nice. Don't head down to waterford as much as I should. also Gar Shanley of Fugger fame lives just down the road in Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 KadMunky

I second that about Declan-some of my best stuff I got from him. To the Waterford Guy-I looked up yer blog but didn't comment (cos I hate these sign-in things) and I feel for ya. I'm from KK my self but There is a few lads up there who run a Games shop and Comics Store-Its called the Warforge. The guys in there are sound, laid back and always play warhammer,bloodbowl and magic the gathering. It would be a good start point to meet. (I know its not in Waterford but sometimes ya have to cast yer net far to catch anything.) Also talk to Oliver in Tall Tales- he is branching out into Warhammer-It would be a good place to start playing and then meet people.

Advertisement