Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zimmerframe, crutches for donation - suitable charity?

Options
  • 17-03-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,

I broke my knee-cap late last year & as a result, now have a spare zimmerframe / walking aid, a pair of crutches & a leg-frame with adjustable knee hinge. They were all provided new by the Health Service & I sincerely hope to never need them again. However, the Health Service doesn't take them back for re-use (health & safety, hygiene, god knows?), so I'm wondering if there are any charities that take donations of items such as these instead? I know that they've been used, but surely there is some charity out there that can certify them as suitable for continued use & can recycle them. It seems like terrible waste to just throw them out.

Thanks,
    MT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Try the IWA for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Why not consider sending them out to a poorer country, there's always trucks of clothes/supplies leaving and that type of equipment is always needed..

Advertisement