Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A1 gp portugal

• 17-03-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

hey people never posted here before

used to be a big enough f1 fan but back at college and havnt been following it

iv seen a few a1 races on tv and i think i prefer them to f1 at the moment and plus i hear the irish are doing great

so anyway im going to see the portugal race over the easter weekend with my dad and brother but havnt been following the season too closely so does anyone have any online video reviews of the season or each race so far so i can get up to speed. season / race highlights i suppose is what im looking for

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

The A1GP website has video highlights of the races in the multimedia section, I think it is. They also have a good channel on YouTube where you can see race highlights, interviews, behind the scenes videos etc.

Ireland have done well this year, they've won a few races and had a few other podiums which meant they were leading the series going into the last round in South Africa. They had a bad weekend there, though, and they lost the lead to Switzerland but they're only a few points behind so there's no need to despair yet. With a couple of rounds left to go, Team Ireland could still pull off a championship win yet. Here's hoping anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 steoucd

Yeah, the Algrave round is gonna be a great opportunity for Irish fans to show some support. Plus it's a great excuse to go to the Algarve for Easter weekend! There's a group of six of us heading from UCD on Thursday morning, can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

just checked there its now on setanta 1 on sunday at 13:45 for 4 hours!!!!

afatbollix wrote: »
    just checked there its now on setanta 1 on sunday at 13:45 for 4 hours!!!!

Also, both the Qualifying and Sprint/Feature Rounds will be live on Sky Sports 3, with the lovely Georgie Thompson, Saturday from 2pm and Sunday from 1.30pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Anyone else mightily impressed with the new track in Portugal?

The red-flag set-up in A1GP is a joke TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

i agree with you. i think that switzerland deliberately blocked the track aswell.when the lad spun on the 1st session the marshals could have pushed him back on easily.they think they are spicing up the sport by letting drivers rush around at the last moment. there is no logic to their ideas.
    woooosaaaah.
    will be watching it later though.

COME ON ADAM!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Ireland back on top
    Hope it stays this way :cool:

1 Ireland 79
    2 Switzerland 73
    3 Portugal 70
    4 Netherlands 66
    5 France 41
    6 New Zealand 36
    7 Malaysia 33
    8 Australia 30
    9 Monaco 27
    10 Great Britain 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

The a1gp.com stream is down, :mad: anyone have a link to a working stream?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Who would have though live timing could be so entertaining. Carol led for the first 10 laps or so then had a unexpected pit stop, (havn't found out why yet) climbed his way back up to 2nd now with 6 laps to go, 2.5 seconds behind Jani.
    COME ON ADAM!!

Adam in 2nd
    1 second behind
    4 laps to go

Fingers crossed :D

• Advertisement

Adam 2nd with 4/10 between
    fastest lap to Adam as well
    Way to go Ireland ...!!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Anyone know why Adam Carroll was given a drive-through a few laps from the end? It was there for a while and then it disappeared. As said above Live Timing was interesting to watch :D

Apparently Ireland were given a drive through at the start of the race which they served for jumping the start. Then were given another drive through for overtaking under yellow flags which they were not required to serve. Don't ask me why
    http://www.a1gp.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?newsId=43741

greglo23 wrote: »
    Anyone know why Adam Carroll was given a drive-through a few laps from the end? It was there for a while and then it disappeared. As said above Live Timing was interesting to watch :D
    There investigating after the race, they may have passed Australia at the restart after the second safety car. As vectra says fingers crossed!

Dose anyone know if there are highlights on during the week anywhere apart from sky?

Hope it stays in this order

1 Ireland 92
    2 Switzerland 88
    3 Portugal 80
    4 Netherlands 66
    5 France 46
    6 Malaysia 41
    7 New Zealand 36
    8 Australia 30
    9 Monaco 27
    10 Great Britain 24

Ireland dropped back to 5th :( I didn't think they would get away with it.

1 Switzerland 88
    2 Ireland 86
    3 Portugal 82
    4 Netherlands 66
    5 France 46
    6 Malaysia 43
    7 New Zealand 36
    8 Australia 30
    9 Monaco 27
    10 Great Britain 24

Don't forget some teams have to drop their worst result, 4 points for Switzerland i think.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Ireland dropped back to 5th :( I didn't think they would get away with it.

Not to worry
    I think Adam will do us proud this season.
    He is driving like a demon

vectra wrote: »
    Not to worry
    I think Adam will do us proud this season.
    He is driving like a demon
    Yes, that was a great race today. Drive through penalty and he still ends up in second pushing for first at the end, and fastest lap in both races. Obviously the retirements and safety cars helped him out. That was some pitstop to get him up to third too. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

I reliase rules are rules but does anyone else think this penalty was harsh, I meen if anyone should have been given a penalty it was Portugal, what they did at restart was very dangerous and could have led to a big crash.

• Advertisement

I reliase rules are rules but does anyone else think this penalty was harsh, I meen if anyone should have been given a penalty it was Portugal, what they did at restart was very dangerous and could have led to a big crash.

Remember the Hamilton / Kimi saga at Spa last year ?

Penelties were really annoying, especially since Adam had the best drive I've ever seen in the Championship, but with the drop score system Ireland are still in the lead. We just need to keep it up in Brands and Mexico.

Brands should get some major coverage since its live on Sky1 and Sky1HD and TV3 should be showing it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

was a great race really enjoyed myself think brands hatch is on the same weekend as munster leinster which is a pity as id love to drive over

the penalty sucked alright but from what i saw he is easily the fastest driver/in the fastest car so think he has a great chance to take both races

in general the weekend in portugal was amazing. my dad has been to two f1 races and he enjoyed the a1 way more. if anyone is going paddock passes are a must the access you get is amazing all the drivers standing in front of the cars signing things and chatting and your about 8 feet away from the teams as they work on the cars

this years f1 ferraris were there too doing laps between the qualifying and races.

recommend anyone to go over if they can at all

Advertisement