Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bichon Male - My latest addition

Options
  • 17-03-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello

I would be grateful if I could once again get some advice.
    My other half bought his male bichon pup yesterday. I already have a 4 month old female bichon. She has significantly turned to my fella and now it seems to me like she treats him as her master ( not me) I am very hurt by this but nothing that can be done now.
    His male bichon pup is 7 months old, the owners couldnt continue to keep him. This pup was supposedly house trained and since we have brought him home last night we have had to dodge and dive from Mr Leg-Cocker! My clothes, table, doors and sofa have been victims of his wee-ing so far.
    I am looking for advice on this issue.
    He seems to have shined to me since his previous owner was a woman who lived by herself. The pup cries and cries when I leave the room and this is driving both of us nuts since his bark is extremely loud and high pitched (the loudest i have ever heard)
    Can anyone give me advice on how to deal with this new family member?
    I was thinking of getting a chain for outside and use this as his method of obedience for when he barks inside and wee's inside but then i feel bad about this. My other half suggested those anti-barking collars but I am also not too keen on using these incase they hurt our pups.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

He is still quite young. It may be the change of location that is causing him to pee inside. You need to go back to basics with the house training like you did with your other Bichon. It may take him a while to adjust. The new location may also be the cause of the barking. He might be just a little scared. Give him time and it he will be fine. I wouldn't be in favour of the chain.
    My OH and I have a Bichon too. She is 5 months old. When we got her first she used to whine if any of us left the room but you have to ignore it. She learned that whining won't always get your attention. Not unless of course they are in pain.

Advertisement