Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay very slow to load

Options
  • 17-03-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

I've a 2mb BT connection which runs anywhere between 1 and 1.5mb on average. Some sites will load pages in a flash, others take a few seconds (boards.ie take 4-5 seconds to load a page for instance).

But ebay.ie? It's dire. At the moment it's taking 12-15 seconds to load a page with me logged out. Once I log in the times crank up more from 14-20 seconds per page load. Even clicking the back button results in a long wait before the old page reloads. The site is nearly unusable given that browsing is such a part of it.

I notice too that my pc's processor usage meter pegs out at 100% and stays there whilst a page is being loaded.

It's the same thing on my work computer and on my gf's computer. Is ebay just a slow site or is there something I can do to speed up page loads. I use Windows Explorer (the latest version), XP (sp3)

Ta.

Comments

Advertisement