Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 17-03-2009 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Just wanted to get peoples opinion whether points will go up or down if fees are introduced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

CAO applications have already been filled, fees really wont affect round one offers. But if a ton of people dont accept their offer, points could easily down.

I dont think it will have an effect. I also doubt fees will come in for people doing the LC this year, but I'm not really sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

It also depends on the different areas. I'd expect Science to stay the same or possibly drop(it did last year) but it's anyones guess really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

It also depends on the different areas. I'd expect Science to stay the same or possibly drop(it did last year) but it's anyones guess really.

If fees come in would it be likely that they'll differ hugely for different courses do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was in the Sunday Tribune a few weeks back that aload of Science courses in DIT weren't filled last year, so I'd say the points will go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭HQvhs

Was in the Sunday Tribune a few weeks back that aload of Science courses in DIT weren't filled last year, so I'd say the points will go down.
    There was actually a thing in the paper a few days ago about the number of CAO applicants for each course this year. Apparently demand for science courses has risen about 20% this year compared to last year. So the points for science courses could rise a bit.
    I can't remember the exact figures and haven't time to look it up, but I'm sure they're out there somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 coislifebliain6

bhoy4life wrote: »
    Just wanted to get peoples opinion whether points will go up or down if fees are introduced?
    it all depends on what cartoon comes up in the history exam if you know what i mean!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Just want to ask this question like in reality could points for a course go up by like 100 lets say? i can see them going up 20 or 30 tho

Advertisement