Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New US ambassador to Ireland

Options
  • 17-03-2009 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I see Dan Rooney, owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers NFL team, horseracing tracks and gambling operations has been appointed by President Obama to be the new ambassador of the US to Ireland. I wish this Obama supporting RINO good luck in his new position (maybe now he will now stop having us Pennsylvania residents pay for his personal endeavors through our increased public taxes.)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't think anyone really cares who the ambassador is. Americans never send anyone capable to head up unimportant places, everyone knows it's the Chief of Staff who really does the work and the Ambassador just hosts the parties in return for political donations or connections to the President.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

When I heard this news the first thing I though of the the outrage in 1992 here in Ireland when the 83 year old William Henry Gerald FitzGerald was nomonated by Bush I as ambassador

It was seen as an insult to the relationship between Ireland and the US for the US to send a senior citizen as ambassador.

I doubt there will be the same outrage this time as everyone loves what Obama does and he can do no wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

im outraged

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

im outraged

+1

I am too. Can you imagine such an elderly man being put in charge?

Wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

I doubt there will be the same outrage this time as everyone loves what Obama does and he can do no wrong.

Well, except Benedict - you know, the tosspot who dislikes condoms because they might save African lives? Pity he wouldn't ask more of his priests to use them. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement