Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox noise issue

• 17-03-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

well lads, as in the title dose any1 else on the xbox fourm xbox 360 sound like a fan assisted electric oven but with a reay fast fan sound,it sounds like its vibrating like fook at times and its making tings awkward here playing the xbox late some nites,its generaly not noisey but when it starts i can here it downstairs in the kitchen when im making a cuppa,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

well lads, as in the title dose any1 else on the xbox fourm xbox 360 sound like a fan assisted electric oven but with a reay fast fan sound,it sounds like its vibrating like fook at times and its making tings awkward here playing the xbox late some nites,its generaly not noisey but when it starts i can here it downstairs in the kitchen when im making a cuppa,

Is it as bad as this video??
    Xbox 360 support does seem to have much info just says make sure its on a flat surface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

im a techno trance loving hippy and if my xbox made that same sounds all night every night id be a happy man lol wot i realy mean to say is it sounds like an a electric fan powered cooker but the fan is after coming lose.it goes mental like vibrating ,not a nice sound realy late at night lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

if you have a hard drive installing the games to the drive realy does cut down on the noise levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Dunnie1982

I had this problem shortly before I got the 3 red lights for the second time. It sounded like a boy racers car ticking over. I'd check to see is it still in warranty & then give microsoft a call.

Dunnie1982.png dunnie1982.png

the xbox is fairly fresh,it was got xmas just gone but im only gaming on it a month as i had another xbox that i sold it on since i got the new 1 as it didnt have the hdmi,

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    if you have a hard drive installing the games to the drive realy does cut down on the noise levels

i tried that aswell but it still making the same noise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

This worked for me installing the games. Bit of noise but thats wi them all isnt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Mine used to sound like that too but since i started installing the games its after become a lot less noisy

Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    I had this problem shortly before I got the 3 red lights for the second time. It sounded like a boy racers car ticking over. I'd check to see is it still in warranty & then give microsoft a call.

Dunnie1982.png dunnie1982.png

lol spot on with the description dunnie ,it dose sound like it has a turbo at times lol and running low on oil also lol

would it help if i said the particular game im having issues with is halo 3 ?when im playin this game,this is when i get the loud noises from the xbox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

You got it for Christmas? As a matter of interest, whats the power supply.... 12.1A? Hardly is a jasper if its giving you problems already.

i duno y2j,im stil using the old power brick from the 1st 1,i never had a chance to keep the original power brick as the brother sold the old xbox and new power brick before i got a chance to swap them over

tink im after sorting it out lads,i went to chech out the power supply the other day and it was loose at the brick end so i squeeze it back in again and it running fine again,not a bother on it now,no unsual noise or anyting happy days again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hmmm. Wouldnt have thought a lose cable would be the cause of the noise. But hey if its stopped happy days:D:D:D..(Until it happends again that is)

Advertisement