Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pairing sony wireless headphones with sony ericsson mobile

• 17-03-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

I foolishly thought it would take seconds to pair sony wireless headset (dr-bt22) with a sony ericsson mobile (w910i). I've followed the limited (crap) instructions in mobile and headset manuals to no avail. Mobile won't pickup headset. Anybody any idea how to get mobile phone to pickup a wireless headphones. I want to listen to music I have on my phone thru them more so than voice calls.

Anybody any ideas? I'm very close to chucking out headset.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

usually you put the headphones into pairing mode and then search for new device or add new device on the phone.

Are you sure you.se putting the headphones into pairing mode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Also make sure your phone is in "visible mode"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

billbond4 wrote: »
    Also make sure your phone is in "visible mode"
    Your phone shouldn't need to be in visible mode as it's looking for the headset, not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Thanks for all your help. Headphones wasn't quite in paring mode. Didn't realise that it's the headset doing all the work. You'ld think the mobile would be the driver. Anyroad, thanks alot. 'Tis great, no more wires to get tangled up in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Murta wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help. Headphones wasn't quite in paring mode. Didn't realise that it's the headset doing all the work. You'ld think the mobile would be the driver. Anyroad, thanks alot. 'Tis great, no more wires to get tangled up in.

Think about it this way: If the headset was always looking for a phone to pair with then you could be sitting on the bus and someone could pair with your headphones and start playing you their music ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement